Not In Town | @notintownlive | 27 Oct 2017
Entering GatorWorld Parks of Florida through the main gateway, visitors drive on a gravel roadway meandering through the park, providing views of the gators lounging in pools (behind protective fencing). The specially-constructed pools are surrounded by common areas for the gators to wander, simulating their natural environment.
At the end of the drive-through course, visitors can feed alligators from a raised platform, dangling specially designed poles over a swirling collection of young gators looking for a treat. This unique feeding opportunity combines the visual excitement of a live gator encounter with the experience of making contact with a member of one of nature’s oldest reptilian species.
“We’re thrilled to open this unique adventure park that we’ve specifically designed to showcase one of Florida’s unique wonders — that of seeing and engaging with alligators in a real-life setting,” explained GatorWorld Parks of Florida developer Don Buckner. “In addition to the entertainment aspect of our park, we’re proud to serve as a rescue and relocation facility for alligators.”
Other family-friendly activities at the park include safely holding a gator and exploring the petting zoo. From Elvis the goat to Biscuit the bunny, visitors can feed and interact with the petting zoo animals.
The entry fee for the drive-through park is $9 per adult, with various discounts for veterans, children and seniors.
Park hours are Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the winter and 7 p.m. in summer. GatorWorld Parks of Florida is closed Sundays.
GatorWorld Parks of Florida Inc. offers visitors of all ages unique opportunities to drive through a scenic trail and view alligators in their natural Florida habitat. Located in Sumter County, the 15-acre park opened in 2017 and is home to more than 400 alligators that have been rescued and relocated.
- Durga Puja: Places to visit in Kolkata
- Where the Heart is’ Season 3 explores Neena and Masaba’s sun-soaked apartment in Juhu
- Mughlai restaurant Aminia eyeing on to complete 90 years
- Expert on muslin urges young textile enthusiasts at JDBI to protect the rich Bengal legacy
- Vienna named most liveable city by The Economist
- ITC Sonar Kolkata recreates yesterday once more at their specialty Peshawri restaurant
- Radisson Hotel Group to lead foray of Spanish Cuisine in India
- A woman poet of yesteryear
- AirAsia Foundation launches travel collection in Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week 2019
- 11 tastes one must try while visiting Israel
New Delhi: The Board of Directors of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo) unanimously approved the appointment of Pallavi Shardul Shroff as Independent Woman Director with effect from Sept 19.
New Delhi: As a part of its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Friday commenced its operations to Myanmar.
Sepang: AirAsia on Wednesday announced the launch of an exclusive route to Da Lat from Kuala Lumpur, further expanding its footprint in Vietnam.