Not In Town | @notintownlive | 22 Jul 2019
Kolkata: Paranthe Wali Galli this monsoon has come up with a month long "Tawa Pulao Festival- Chawal Ka Chatpata Andaaz" to give Kolkata’s foodies a flavour-some experience.
Tawa Pulao is a very common street food in Rajasthan and Delhi and is a fun way to eat rice. It is about, tossing pre cooked rice with assortment of spices, condiments and toppings to create a harmonious comfort dish that spruced up the rice and are a complete meal in itself.
The original Hindustan Motors Ambassador headlights as the high ceilings, bright lighting, colourful craftiness on the walls, add to the inviting ambience. This 42 seater Parantha Joint, situated in the by-lanes of Sarat Bose Road, has once again created a menu featuring a range of dishes.
Paranthe Wali Galli brings eight versions of this mouth watering street dish to suit every palate in this monsoon. The varieties, included in the festival are Mutton Tawa Pulao, Chicken Tawa Pulao, Egg Tawa Pulao, Chanadal Tawa Pulao, Paneer Tawa Pulao, Sabz Tawa Pulao, Corn Tawa Pulao and last but not the least Dry- Fruit Tawa Pulao. The Tawa Pulaos are ranged between Rs. 149/- to Rs. 209/- .
On this Tawa Pulao Festival, the owner and chef of Paranthe Wali Galli, Rahul Arora says, “When there is a drizzle outside and the air cools down considerably, one likes eating
something comforting, something, that one relates to and something that can be made in a jiffy. We have tried to create 8 versions of it to suit every palate.’’
The festival began on July 15 and will continue till August 15.
- 10 places to go on Valentine's Day this year
- Konya: On the trail of Rumi in a city of love
- JW Marriott celebrates 71st Republic Day with a feast on a parade of flavours
- Cairns: Australia's sought-after waterfront destination woos Indian tourists
- Luxe Inferno captures the Yin and Yang of luxury: Mahul Brahma
- Luxembourg: Europe's tiny nation and UNESCO heritage you must add to bucket list
- Chowman celebrates the season of lights and crackers with chinese food
- India Bistro’s Rannaghor Food Festival offers Bengali cuisine
- Chicago : Life of the Drama in City of Big Shoulders
- West Bengal Governor and city celebs play dhak to inaugurate Manicktala Chaltabagan `Dhak Utsav’
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.