Not In Town | @notintownlive | 22 Jul 2019
Kolkata: Paranthe Wali Galli this monsoon has come up with a month long "Tawa Pulao Festival- Chawal Ka Chatpata Andaaz" to give Kolkata’s foodies a flavour-some experience.
Tawa Pulao is a very common street food in Rajasthan and Delhi and is a fun way to eat rice. It is about, tossing pre cooked rice with assortment of spices, condiments and toppings to create a harmonious comfort dish that spruced up the rice and are a complete meal in itself.
The original Hindustan Motors Ambassador headlights as the high ceilings, bright lighting, colourful craftiness on the walls, add to the inviting ambience. This 42 seater Parantha Joint, situated in the by-lanes of Sarat Bose Road, has once again created a menu featuring a range of dishes.
Paranthe Wali Galli brings eight versions of this mouth watering street dish to suit every palate in this monsoon. The varieties, included in the festival are Mutton Tawa Pulao, Chicken Tawa Pulao, Egg Tawa Pulao, Chanadal Tawa Pulao, Paneer Tawa Pulao, Sabz Tawa Pulao, Corn Tawa Pulao and last but not the least Dry- Fruit Tawa Pulao. The Tawa Pulaos are ranged between Rs. 149/- to Rs. 209/- .
On this Tawa Pulao Festival, the owner and chef of Paranthe Wali Galli, Rahul Arora says, “When there is a drizzle outside and the air cools down considerably, one likes eating
something comforting, something, that one relates to and something that can be made in a jiffy. We have tried to create 8 versions of it to suit every palate.’’
The festival began on July 15 and will continue till August 15.
- Durga Puja: Places to visit in Kolkata
- Where the Heart is’ Season 3 explores Neena and Masaba’s sun-soaked apartment in Juhu
- Mughlai restaurant Aminia eyeing on to complete 90 years
- Expert on muslin urges young textile enthusiasts at JDBI to protect the rich Bengal legacy
- Vienna named most liveable city by The Economist
- ITC Sonar Kolkata recreates yesterday once more at their specialty Peshawri restaurant
- Radisson Hotel Group to lead foray of Spanish Cuisine in India
- A woman poet of yesteryear
- AirAsia Foundation launches travel collection in Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week 2019
- 11 tastes one must try while visiting Israel
New Delhi: The Board of Directors of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo) unanimously approved the appointment of Pallavi Shardul Shroff as Independent Woman Director with effect from Sept 19.
New Delhi: As a part of its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Friday commenced its operations to Myanmar.
Sepang: AirAsia on Wednesday announced the launch of an exclusive route to Da Lat from Kuala Lumpur, further expanding its footprint in Vietnam.