Not In Town | @notintownlive | 22 Aug 2019
Kuala Lampur: AirAsia Foundation (AAF) made its debut in the world of fashion with the launch of its GOOD/jahat/ travel collection at Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week (KLFW) 2019.
The groundbreaking 12-piece collection, created in partnership with conceptual design house Projek Jahat, is made entirely from repurposed materials - from blankets to seat leather - sourced from the AirAsia’s warehouses.
AAF Executive Director Yap Mun Ching said, “Our goal is to start a new conversation about upcycling. Projek Jahat’s approach to AirAsia materials is completely fresh. These are not viewed as items to salvage but a treasure trove that excites their imagination as designers.”
For Projek Jahat curator Mohd Faizul Isa, better known as Joe, the collection makes a statement about the importance of considering an industry’s environmental footprint. At last year’s Fashion Week, Joe showcased a collection of various upcycled denim pieces, earning him media accolades as the “most eye-catching designer” of KLFW 2018.
“We want to show that nothing is waste. You just need to refresh it with new ideas. This time, we applied our interpretation of sharing economy principles to create a collection that adapts to the wearer, regardless of gender or size,” he said.
In partnering with AirAsia Foundation, he added that GOOD/jahat/ represents a coming together of AirAsia’s corporate responsibility and Projek Jahat’s creative energies to raise awareness about the importance of making mindful fashion choices.
All pieces from the GOOD/jahat/ runway collection will be available exclusively at Destination: GOOD, AAF’s flagship social enterprise shop in Kuala Lumpur, which will open its doors for business on 23 August 2019, two days after the collection’s KLFW debut.
- 10 places to go on Valentine's Day this year
- Konya: On the trail of Rumi in a city of love
- JW Marriott celebrates 71st Republic Day with a feast on a parade of flavours
- Cairns: Australia's sought-after waterfront destination woos Indian tourists
- Luxe Inferno captures the Yin and Yang of luxury: Mahul Brahma
- Luxembourg: Europe's tiny nation and UNESCO heritage you must add to bucket list
- Chowman celebrates the season of lights and crackers with chinese food
- India Bistro’s Rannaghor Food Festival offers Bengali cuisine
- Chicago : Life of the Drama in City of Big Shoulders
- West Bengal Governor and city celebs play dhak to inaugurate Manicktala Chaltabagan `Dhak Utsav’
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.