NITN | @notintownlive | 12 Sep 2019
Kolkata: Aminia, one of the oldest Mughlai restaurant in Eastern India, is all set to complete 90 years of its journey.
Aminia had brought its first outlet into existence in 1929 in Zakaria Street, Kolkata.
Late Abdul Rahim began its journey by serving Kolkata, the famous Awadhi cuisine of Lucknow and later added other Mughlai dishes to the menu.
After seeing the growing fondness and demand for Awadhi food among the folks of Kolkata, the second generation of the family had decided to expand their business.
The casual fine-dining restaurant is now being run by its third and fourth generation and has expanded its chain by setting up outlets in Golpark, Jessore Road, Shyambazar, Rajarhat, Behala, Barrackpore, and Serampore.
The restaurant said it is planning to open its outlet in Dubai.
- 10 places to go on Valentine's Day this year
- Konya: On the trail of Rumi in a city of love
- JW Marriott celebrates 71st Republic Day with a feast on a parade of flavours
- Cairns: Australia's sought-after waterfront destination woos Indian tourists
- Luxe Inferno captures the Yin and Yang of luxury: Mahul Brahma
- Luxembourg: Europe's tiny nation and UNESCO heritage you must add to bucket list
- Chowman celebrates the season of lights and crackers with chinese food
- India Bistro’s Rannaghor Food Festival offers Bengali cuisine
- Chicago : Life of the Drama in City of Big Shoulders
- West Bengal Governor and city celebs play dhak to inaugurate Manicktala Chaltabagan `Dhak Utsav’
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.