Not In Town | @notintownlive | 20 Sep 2019
New Delhi: As a part of its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Friday commenced its operations to Myanmar.
The airline inaugurated its first direct flight on Kolkata-Yangon route, making Myanmar the fifth Southeast Asian country in IndiGo’s network.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo along with Kyaw Mayo, Yangon’s Union Minister of Transport and Saurabh Kumar, the Indian Ambassador, were present among senior officials of the Yangon Airport to receive and welcome the passengers of the first flight.
William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo said, “We are delighted to commence our operations to Myanmar, with the first flight landing in Yangon today. Myanmar hosts a large Buddhism community and it is our privilege to enable direct connections between Buddhist circuits of the two nations.
Yangon being the largest city in Myanmar, we believe that increased connectivity between India and Myanmar will enhance cultural exchange and social cohesion between the countries”.
Boulter further added, “IndiGo will continue to offer an on-time, courteous and hassle-free service and affordable flying experience always”.
- GoAir announces pre-Diwali deal offering flights at Rs. 1296
- EaseMyTrip offers packages in Thailand at Rs. 11060
- EaseMyTrip offers discount on travel fares in Diwali
- IndiGo connects political capitals of India and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Air India starts flight operation from Amritsar to Patna
- Etihad Airways to upgrade flights between Abu Dhabi and Beirut to Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner from Oct 27
- GoAir launches non-stop flights to Singapore from Bengaluru and Kolkata
- IndiGo offers fee waiver for passengers due to Patna flood
- Vistara introduces daily flights from Delhi to Khajuraho
- Travel Tours launches special packages for the upcoming festive and long weekends
New Delhi: Airline GoAir has announced pre-Diwali 24-hour deal wherein customers can book tickets for as low as Rs 1296 onwards (inclusive of taxes) for international and domestic routes.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip, one of the players in the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is offering packages at Rs. 11,060.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip is offering discount on travel fares on festival Diwali.