NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Jun 2018
Kolkata, Jun 4 (NITN): The inaugural ceremony of the India International Kolkata Trade Fair (IIKTF) was held at the Karunamoyee Ground in Central Park, Salt Lake here on Friday.
Trade fairs are platforms to conduct business both in terms of national and international participation.
It provides a forum allowing access to the market at close quarters as it keeps all participants informed about latest trends in markets and gives an opportunity to assess opinions.
This is the first edition of India IIKTF. The total number of stalls are 305 and the fair is on between Jun 1 and 11.
Firhad Hakim, Urban Development and Municipal Affairs Minister of West Bengal government, graced the occasion of the inaugural ceremony as the chief guest.
Hakim said: “ Earlier there was not much interest in doing business in the state, but C.S.Ghosh of Bandhan Bank has being a great initiator in starting micro industry in the state. If we have more and more such trade fairs, there will be a rise in people to people interaction and the spirit of entrepreneurship will develop.
"Such platforms are great for initiating link between buyer and seller. I request Bengal Chamber to initiate classes in entrepreneurship where young people can come and learn not just about manufacturing product but learn how & where to sell it. Our Chief Minister is very supportive in economic activity and we need to develop entrepreneur skills so that the per capita of Bengal rises with economic growth.”
CS Ghosh, President, Bengal Chamber and Chairman and MD, Bandhan Bank, said: “The Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry is the oldest and one of the most respected institutions of its kind in India. It is a powerful enabler, lobbying for the development of the economy and Infrastructure in India. The Fair was jointly organized by The Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry and G. S. Marketing Associates. The purpose of the trade fair is to promote Business & trade around the region.
"The Partner Country of the IIKTF is Bangladesh and the Focus Country is Thailand and Sri Lanka this year. The other countries who are participating are Turkey, Egypt, China, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Netherlands."
Prakash Shah, Chairperson, Organising Committee, India International Kolkata Trade Fair, said: “A highly effective & elaborate advertisement campaign has been taken up to attract maximum visitors from the target market. The Industry segments whose products are on display and sale include are International Companies, Government Departments, Furniture & Interiors, Processed Food, Lifestyle, Health & Fitness, Electronics, Children’s Products, Auto Show, etc.,
Janab Saiful Islam, first Secretary (Commercial) Bangladesh Deputy High Commission Kolkata was also present at the inauguration.
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.