NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Jun 2018
Kolkata, Jun 4 (NITN): The Bengal Chamber Of Commerce and Industries has hosted a musical evening with Rabindra Sangeet exponent Shama Rahman to commemorate their deep engagement with Bangladesh and partners with an expanding interchange and interaction both in business and culture.
The musical evening was hosted last month.
Bangladesh and West Bengal -two
regions on either side of a political and geographical divide often comes together in the spirit of Bengali ethos when it comes to celebrating Bengali New Year and celebrating our cultural heritage and pride Rabindranath Tagore.
Music and culture always fades the lines of boundary and unites the two Bengals in an emotional mood.
Subhodip Ghosh, Director General, the Bengal Chamber, said: "We already have been witnessing growing and warm ties between India and Bangladesh. Programs like these only serve to reassure and cement this close friendship."
- UNSW Sydney's team producing high-quality building products made from old clothing and mixed waste glass
- Fashion designer Agnimitra Paul opens exhibition to help women entrepreneurs
- Vocalist Sohini Roy Chowdhury regales audience at city concert
- Sanskriti University signs MOU with ICAR-NBPGR
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Expert Speak: Choosing the First Job
- Eco Adventure tourism is the next big thing for Indian tourism industry, says Priya Entertainments' MD Arijit Dutta
- Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya to unveil Santoor Ashram Foundation for Global Music Promotion in Los Angeles
- Rhitom Sarkar, slide guitar artist, is keen to take his melody to a wider audience
- Yellow and Violet : An artist's impression of the colours that stand poles apart
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).