NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Jun 2018
Kolkata, Jun 5 (NITN): Kolkata-based cultural organisation Garfa Mitrayan presented their 100th stage enactment of Rabindranath Tagore’s dance drama ‘Chandalika’ recently.
The presentation also marked the completion of 10 years of this production which has been choreographed with the use of different styles, including those of Gaudiya Nritya and various folk dances of Bengal.
Conceived and directed by Banani Chakraborty, the presentation of ‘Chandalika’ has Satabdi Acharyya as the assistant dance director, Amitabha Mukherjee as the music director, Subhadip Chakraborty as the creative director, and Ayan Mukherjee and Subhadip Chakraborty as the assistant music directors.
Over the years, Garfa Mitrayan has presented ‘Chandalika’ in Bengali and Hindi, across India and in Moscow.
Kamrul Islam, General Secretary, Bengal Council for Literature and Culture, Bangladesh, Prof. Shafiqunnabee Samadi, ex-Head, Dept. of Bangla, Rajshahi University, Bangladesh and Justice Soumen Sen, Judge, Kolkata High Court were among the guests who attended the100th stage enactment
According to the organisers, Garfa Mitrayan endeavours for the upliftment and spread of Indian cultural traditions, mainly in the areas of classical and folk dance forms of Bengal, many of which are on the verge of extinction.
Many of its students and members have received not only national scholarships and fellowships from the Government of India, but also prestigious awards for their proficiency in dance and research work, the organisers said.
- Higher education can help in strengthening democracy, creating a just society'
- Is it possible to shift from modelling to acting? Read On!!!
- Author Anita Bose's book Patachitra of Odisha and Jagannath Culture has been inspired by Swami Vivekananda's words
- Rotary plays an important role in inspiring the youth
- Aditya Group and Anirban Aditya nominated as one of “India's Greatest Brands & Leaders 2017- 18” process reviewers
- Patti Hoffman Takes Over as the U.S. Consul General in Kolkata
- Swooping down on Vienna
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resort in West Bengal wins prestigious recognition from India Tourism
- Book review: Zarah Fiaz creates an emotional fantasyland in her book 'Staff Tales: Illusion'
- Book review: The Stranger in My Eyes is a psychological thriller by Subhashish Chakraborty
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.