NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Jun 2018
Nirbhay Singh’s 'Why I Don’t need to Travel to a Developing Country', from Power Publishers, echoes the same philosophy as does a bildungsroman, tracing the physical and psychological growth of the author in his own words, as he travels from India to Canada.
His birth and early years in the remote Indian village of Changla, had him acquainted, from the very beginning to the hardships and impoverishment of a village life in a developing country.
Although lucky to have been born in a privileged family, the author consistently felt the lack of education around him. a theme that reverberates through the book.
He realised that education was the basic instrument that propel Changla and India on the path of development.
The author, once he travels to Canada, realises that problems ailing India include lack of technology, lack of open mindedness and most importantly rampant corruption eating into the core of the political structure.
Born in a family of brave and accomplished men, the author thus takes up the challenge to bring the revolution himself.
As the title suggests, while he does not feel the need to travel to a different developing country for his roots are tied to India, he feels that his educative trip to Canada was essential for his enlightenment.
What he learns there, is thus what he passes on.
Substantiated with real life experiences at every step, the book is a light read with a strong message and is true for all-irrespective of time and society.
The unconventional genre, the lucid style of storytelling and yet the didacticism makes the book a unique therapy for conventional mindsets and is a must read for all with a progressive mental make-up eager to rectify and see India grow.
Priced at Rs 250/-, the book is currently available in amazon.com, flipkart.com and power-publishers.com
(Reviewed by Arjama Aich)
- Book review: Amidst the Whirlwind is about relationships and resulting complications
- Book Review: Unfinished - A Woman's Tryst with Destiny
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Crytsal Logistics Cool Chain Ltd opens warehouse facility in Howrah
- Festival feasts at Pour House and Cafe 4/1
- Adventure tourism in India holds a lot of prospect as a job opportunity says Priya Entertianment MD Arijit Dutta
- Author Sreejib explores dichotomy of the human mind in her first book ‘Aqson Level 1’
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation and British Council sign collaboration on arts
- Manicktalla Chaltabagan Puja’s theme pitches Kolkata for UNESCO's “City of Literature” honour
- Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd offering special holiday packages for tourists to stay in Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts and also inviting travelers to visit their latest hospitality venture Priya Villa at Shantiniketan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.