NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Jun 2018
Born in a remote Indian village, the author overcame odds to study at a leading Canadian university. His debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country' charts his journey among other things.
Congratulations on the release of your book! Is this your debut as an author?
Yes, it is my debut book which I had been writing over the past one year. However I will be looking forward to write many more, focussing on inspirational, fiction and nonfiction themes.
The book appears to be a research work. What gave you the inspiration?
It was the story which always kept me pushing to continue writing and finish the book. I believe that my story will be a source of inspiration to millions of people in India and across the world. This was the one thought which helped me to write the book and bring the story live in front of people that how a village boy who failed twice in grade 2 can make it to Canada’s most innovative university.
What does India really stand for, for you?
India matters to me and I would like to matter to India. It is my motherland where I grew up and have many unforgettable memories. It is the place where I learnt some of the harsh realities of life and witnessed those people who did not had access to basic amenities. It also symbolizes hope for me where the change is inevitable with the collective effort of everyone.
What kind of readership are you expecting with this book?
I am mostly expecting people from India to read this story. However, I also believe that it will be a good read for those in the Western world who haven’t travelled to a developing country and wanted to understand the problems of people living in rural areas.
What kind of books do you enjoy reading?
I like reading inspirational/motivational books (Ashlee Vance, Tony Robbins). However, I do read some story/non fiction books, especially by Chetan Bhagat.
- Book review: Amidst the Whirlwind is about relationships and resulting complications
- Book Review: Unfinished - A Woman's Tryst with Destiny
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Crytsal Logistics Cool Chain Ltd opens warehouse facility in Howrah
- Festival feasts at Pour House and Cafe 4/1
- Adventure tourism in India holds a lot of prospect as a job opportunity says Priya Entertianment MD Arijit Dutta
- Author Sreejib explores dichotomy of the human mind in her first book ‘Aqson Level 1’
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation and British Council sign collaboration on arts
- Manicktalla Chaltabagan Puja’s theme pitches Kolkata for UNESCO's “City of Literature” honour
- Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd offering special holiday packages for tourists to stay in Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts and also inviting travelers to visit their latest hospitality venture Priya Villa at Shantiniketan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.