NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jun 2018
Kolkata, June 8 (NITN) Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne or Googa-Baba, Indian film history's most endearing and magical characters created by the legendary Satyajit Ray, is all set to make a comeback.
Purnima Pictures is all set to recreate the magic of Googa-Baba almost half a century since its last production.
The production house, with 3 President’s Gold medals in its kitty, has presented some of the most iconic movies in the history of Indian cinema, Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne and Aranyer Din Ratri, directed by master Satyajit Ray himself, and Chutti by Arundhati Debi, apart from Pratidwandi by Ray and Tapan Sinha directed Hatey Bajaare which also won President's Gold Medal.
The magic of Googa-Baba comes to thrill audiences in the Golden Jubilee year of the release of the original classic Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne, in 2019.
The sensational return on the silver screen of the magic of Goopy Bagha , two of the most loved and endearing characters created by Ray, is set to create a major storm in the film fraternity. The film, which is in the early stages, is being helmed by one of the most creative directors of present-day Bengali cinema, Anindya Chatterjee.
Carrying forward the rich heritage and legacy of Purnima Pictures this film shall also mark the entry of the 3rd generation entrepreneur from the Priya Entertainments stable, Agnivesh Dutta, who shall also form an important member of the production team along with his father Arijit Dutta and grandmother Purnima Dutta.
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.