NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jun 2018
New Delhi, June 8 (NITN) Now the time is right to invest in Uzbekistan because the business climate is changing, the economy is gaining momentum, which makes doing business easier, the country's embassy in India said.
Before, Uzbekistan was associated with strict control of the foreign currency outflows, it is not the case anymore. In September 2017, Uzbekistan liberalized foreign exchange system, which will facilitate doing business and foreign direct investment inflow, it said.
Before, exporters were obliged to sell part of their revenues to the government at a very low rate set by the Central Bank. This requirement was scrapped. Everyone can spend his money as he wants, said a release.
The exchange rates are now regulated exclusively by the market mechanisms. In the past, repatriation of profits and purchases of foreign currency were limited. Now foreign investors can buy as much currency as needed at the free exchange rate.
About 160 licensing and 19 bureaucratic procedures have been dropped. With its 19 million people strong labour force, Uzbekistan is the largest country in the region, and it is a stable country, both politically and economically.
Uzbekistan has an attractive macroeconomic situation: external debt not exceeding 18% of GDP, and with no domestic debt.
"Uzbekistan is very serious about securing the rights of investors. More than 5,000 companies with foreign capital operate in Uzbekistan. About 50 of the world's leading brands have invested in the country," it said in the release.
- Kolkata-based real estate firm Ascon is slated to foray into education sector
- India is still not a single nation: Meghnad Desai
- UNSW Sydney's team producing high-quality building products made from old clothing and mixed waste glass
- Fashion designer Agnimitra Paul opens exhibition to help women entrepreneurs
- Vocalist Sohini Roy Chowdhury regales audience at city concert
- Sanskriti University signs MOU with ICAR-NBPGR
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Expert Speak: Choosing the First Job
- Eco Adventure tourism is the next big thing for Indian tourism industry, says Priya Entertainments' MD Arijit Dutta
- Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya to unveil Santoor Ashram Foundation for Global Music Promotion in Los Angeles
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).