NITN | @notintownlive | 09 Jun 2018
New Delhi, June 8 (NITN) Now the time is right to invest in Uzbekistan because the business climate is changing, the economy is gaining momentum, which makes doing business easier, the country's embassy in India said.
Before, Uzbekistan was associated with strict control of the foreign currency outflows, it is not the case anymore. In September 2017, Uzbekistan liberalized foreign exchange system, which will facilitate doing business and foreign direct investment inflow, it said.
Before, exporters were obliged to sell part of their revenues to the government at a very low rate set by the Central Bank. This requirement was scrapped. Everyone can spend his money as he wants, said a release.
The exchange rates are now regulated exclusively by the market mechanisms. In the past, repatriation of profits and purchases of foreign currency were limited. Now foreign investors can buy as much currency as needed at the free exchange rate.
About 160 licensing and 19 bureaucratic procedures have been dropped. With its 19 million people strong labour force, Uzbekistan is the largest country in the region, and it is a stable country, both politically and economically.
Uzbekistan has an attractive macroeconomic situation: external debt not exceeding 18% of GDP, and with no domestic debt.
"Uzbekistan is very serious about securing the rights of investors. More than 5,000 companies with foreign capital operate in Uzbekistan. About 50 of the world's leading brands have invested in the country," it said in the release.
- Higher education can help in strengthening democracy, creating a just society'
- Is it possible to shift from modelling to acting? Read On!!!
- Author Anita Bose's book Patachitra of Odisha and Jagannath Culture has been inspired by Swami Vivekananda's words
- Rotary plays an important role in inspiring the youth
- Aditya Group and Anirban Aditya nominated as one of “India's Greatest Brands & Leaders 2017- 18” process reviewers
- Patti Hoffman Takes Over as the U.S. Consul General in Kolkata
- Swooping down on Vienna
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resort in West Bengal wins prestigious recognition from India Tourism
- Book review: Zarah Fiaz creates an emotional fantasyland in her book 'Staff Tales: Illusion'
- Book review: The Stranger in My Eyes is a psychological thriller by Subhashish Chakraborty
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.