NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Jun 2018
Kolkata: 'Pushpaketu' is a symbol of love through the ages, said its author Ananya Pal, while introducing her collection of 12 Bengali short stories.
Written by Pal and published by Parash Pathar, the book was recently unveiled by noted litterateur Bani Basu, at the South City outlet of popular Kolkata-based lifestyle store Starmark.
Bangkok-based chartered accountant Pal writes for various publications, including Desh and Nabakallol published from Kolkata and Pratham Alo and Kali O Kalam published from Dhaka.
Although Pal writes across genres, including historical fictions, thrillers, comedies and travelogues, this collection contains stories of historical romance in the backdrop of Indian history and myths.
Hence the collection is named after the Indian god of love, Kamadeva, who is also known as Pushpaketu.
Pal said that she has aimed to give a new perspective to the historical events and has kept the language simple because she wants the book to reach a large number of readers.
“History is boring, unless you see it from the right perspective. Pushpaketu symbolizes romance in history in different eras. India and its glorifying past are felt
through each chapter and as you get into the aura of the characters in it, one can experience the scenario that would flutter. I have deliberately kept the language lucid, making the book readable for the mass," said Pal.
Tollywood director Anindya Bikash Dutta and actor Hiran were also present at the book launch.
(Reporting by Avirupa Das)
- Priya Entertainment MD Arijit Dutta wants the younger generation to get more involved with tree plantations
- From College Girl to Cover Girl
- Sohini Roychowdhury's musical renditions enthrall the audience at Thumri Festival
- Public Relations – Present and Future
- Rotary’s Role in Rubella & Measles
- Kolkata: Sohini Roychowdhury enchants audience by her Thumri presentation
- Book review: Dr Uttara Singh finds slums are a transitional settlement in the fabric of urban society
- Book review: The Impact of Social Media Marketing on Brand Loyalty in India is a timely book by Murali S
- Author interview: Vijay Pratap Singh on his debut book Wet Petals
- Veteran actor Soumitra Chatterjee lauds popular film critic Pradip Biswas's emergence as a poet
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.