NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Jun 2018
Kolkata: 'Pushpaketu' is a symbol of love through the ages, said its author Ananya Pal, while introducing her collection of 12 Bengali short stories.
Written by Pal and published by Parash Pathar, the book was recently unveiled by noted litterateur Bani Basu, at the South City outlet of popular Kolkata-based lifestyle store Starmark.
Bangkok-based chartered accountant Pal writes for various publications, including Desh and Nabakallol published from Kolkata and Pratham Alo and Kali O Kalam published from Dhaka.
Although Pal writes across genres, including historical fictions, thrillers, comedies and travelogues, this collection contains stories of historical romance in the backdrop of Indian history and myths.
Hence the collection is named after the Indian god of love, Kamadeva, who is also known as Pushpaketu.
Pal said that she has aimed to give a new perspective to the historical events and has kept the language simple because she wants the book to reach a large number of readers.
“History is boring, unless you see it from the right perspective. Pushpaketu symbolizes romance in history in different eras. India and its glorifying past are felt
through each chapter and as you get into the aura of the characters in it, one can experience the scenario that would flutter. I have deliberately kept the language lucid, making the book readable for the mass," said Pal.
Tollywood director Anindya Bikash Dutta and actor Hiran were also present at the book launch.
(Reporting by Avirupa Das)
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.