NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Jun 2018
'Architecture - Human Behavior' by Devi Prosad Mallik is about the 'role of user evaluation and environment behavior studies', penned with intent to help future architects.
Man is an integral part of the environment. Man influences and modifies nature and so does environment. If this unique connection is understood, it can simplify many difficult situations.
Designs, also has an influence on the behavior of humans; hence a good design can change human behavior and make them more positive and fulfilling.
A design selected by an architect may have the ability to say a lot about his or her environment and also about the structured buildings.
Mallik has used several case studies and quotes by famous personalities to make his point clear and valid. His special research has helped many young architects in the field of learning and has been applied by many to design buildings.
Students of architecture and other related subjects need to be sensitive to their surroundings so that they can initiate an interaction between human behavior, technology and beauty.
Mallik has also introduced the readers with a term called Environmental Psychology, an essential field in the modern times, which helps us to understand the basis for examining human behavior in relation to physical structures.
The final chapter of his research has quotation from important people, which can help readers.
This book is a valuable guide for architects as well as the curious interested to know more about the various angles of architecture.
Priced at Rs 500, readers can get copies from power-publishers.com and flipkart.com.
(Reviewed by Sayantani Sengupta)
- Priya Entertainment MD Arijit Dutta wants the younger generation to get more involved with tree plantations
- From College Girl to Cover Girl
- Sohini Roychowdhury's musical renditions enthrall the audience at Thumri Festival
- Public Relations – Present and Future
- Rotary’s Role in Rubella & Measles
- Kolkata: Sohini Roychowdhury enchants audience by her Thumri presentation
- Book review: Dr Uttara Singh finds slums are a transitional settlement in the fabric of urban society
- Book review: The Impact of Social Media Marketing on Brand Loyalty in India is a timely book by Murali S
- Author interview: Vijay Pratap Singh on his debut book Wet Petals
- Veteran actor Soumitra Chatterjee lauds popular film critic Pradip Biswas's emergence as a poet
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.