NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Jul 2018
So strong was the emotion that it took him eight years to put the thoughts to words, says author Vijay Pratap Singh
Congratulations on the release of 'Wet Petals'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thanks so much. Yes, this is my debut as a writer.
Would you like to share with us about the subject and what led you to write this book?
One should read the book to understand the story. Human emotions are not just a few words or sentences. This book deals with intense human emotions and their interpretation is only possible when you progress from one word to the next. It took me eight years to put the thoughts to words. It’s just because I wanted exact words for each emotion and the imagination which my mind had. No compromise.
What promotion methods are you adopting to expand the reach of your book?
Word of mouth, social media like face book and not much. I am sure such a story has not been told in the past five to 10 years.
So far, how has been the response from your friends and family members?
Amazing, people could not believe I wrote this. I have dipped the pen in my blood to write this story.
What kind of books interest you as a reader?
I am choosy. I read stories with an emotional touch and self development, which makes one internalize. Some of my favorite books are 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, Dalai Lama’s Cat, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Last lecture, The Alchemist , The five love languages by Chapman to name a few.
- Errors and negligence by doctors was a key issue discussed at the Medicon International 2018
- Bengal Chamber and West Bengal Tourism collaborate to create awareness about weekend travel
- UNSW Sydney starts roadshows to attract Indian students
- Experience UNSW Sydney in India as the university rolls out outreach program for prospective students
- ‘Hideous Barak’ and ‘India My Country’, two Power Publishers books inaugurated
- Mahul Brahma’s book ‘Dark Luxe’ explores the uncharted dark side of luxury
- Author Novoneel Chakraborty prefers writing a book over scripts for television programme
- The House and Other Stories: The Kolkata Chromosome
- Why Indian students are being pushed abroad for higher studies
- Santoor maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya’s new album releases
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.