NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Jul 2018
So strong was the emotion that it took him eight years to put the thoughts to words, says author Vijay Pratap Singh
Congratulations on the release of 'Wet Petals'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thanks so much. Yes, this is my debut as a writer.
Would you like to share with us about the subject and what led you to write this book?
One should read the book to understand the story. Human emotions are not just a few words or sentences. This book deals with intense human emotions and their interpretation is only possible when you progress from one word to the next. It took me eight years to put the thoughts to words. It’s just because I wanted exact words for each emotion and the imagination which my mind had. No compromise.
What promotion methods are you adopting to expand the reach of your book?
Word of mouth, social media like face book and not much. I am sure such a story has not been told in the past five to 10 years.
So far, how has been the response from your friends and family members?
Amazing, people could not believe I wrote this. I have dipped the pen in my blood to write this story.
What kind of books interest you as a reader?
I am choosy. I read stories with an emotional touch and self development, which makes one internalize. Some of my favorite books are 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, Dalai Lama’s Cat, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Last lecture, The Alchemist , The five love languages by Chapman to name a few.
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
- Fonts matter: Choose them wisely for a good first impression says graphic designer Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Anuragam Vatsa, co-author of 'Listen to Heart : Rhombus', talks about the book
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).