NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Jul 2018
So strong was the emotion that it took him eight years to put the thoughts to words, says author Vijay Pratap Singh
Congratulations on the release of 'Wet Petals'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thanks so much. Yes, this is my debut as a writer.
Would you like to share with us about the subject and what led you to write this book?
One should read the book to understand the story. Human emotions are not just a few words or sentences. This book deals with intense human emotions and their interpretation is only possible when you progress from one word to the next. It took me eight years to put the thoughts to words. It’s just because I wanted exact words for each emotion and the imagination which my mind had. No compromise.
What promotion methods are you adopting to expand the reach of your book?
Word of mouth, social media like face book and not much. I am sure such a story has not been told in the past five to 10 years.
So far, how has been the response from your friends and family members?
Amazing, people could not believe I wrote this. I have dipped the pen in my blood to write this story.
What kind of books interest you as a reader?
I am choosy. I read stories with an emotional touch and self development, which makes one internalize. Some of my favorite books are 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, Dalai Lama’s Cat, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Last lecture, The Alchemist , The five love languages by Chapman to name a few.
- Priya Entertainment MD Arijit Dutta wants the younger generation to get more involved with tree plantations
- From College Girl to Cover Girl
- Sohini Roychowdhury's musical renditions enthrall the audience at Thumri Festival
- Public Relations – Present and Future
- Rotary’s Role in Rubella & Measles
- Kolkata: Sohini Roychowdhury enchants audience by her Thumri presentation
- Book review: Dr Uttara Singh finds slums are a transitional settlement in the fabric of urban society
- Book review: The Impact of Social Media Marketing on Brand Loyalty in India is a timely book by Murali S
- Author interview: Vijay Pratap Singh on his debut book Wet Petals
- Veteran actor Soumitra Chatterjee lauds popular film critic Pradip Biswas's emergence as a poet
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.