NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
In this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end believes the author
Congratulations on the release of 'Dowry Death'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thank you. This is my debut book.
Would you like to share with us the subject and premise of the story that the book encloses?
I wrote this book because I felt strongly against the issue of dowry and the commercialization of a sacred relationship and marriage been compared with a business deal in our society.
What is your take on dowry issues and resultant deaths in India?
I think in this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end.
What urged you to write on this subject?
This book talks about how the human rights of women are being crushed, death seems to be the only alternative to these women. Dignity and honour of humans are above everything and no tradition can override it. This has been emphasised in the book. I have also talked about the hypocrisy of the Indian society and how we can pave a new way to get out of this problem.
- Kolkata gets a chance to celebrate the Lepcha New Year
- Author interview: Rahul Tiwari explains the reasons behind writing Parishram
- Author interview: Nobody is alone in this world believes Susmita Chatterjee
- Book review: 'How to Become a Top Performing Individual' packs in some timely survival techniques
- Book review: Poems that explore the many aspects of life
- Book review: 'CoMa Chose Life' is for those who want to enjoy life to the fullest
- Book review: Parishram or hard work is the key to success
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).