NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
In this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end believes the author
Congratulations on the release of 'Dowry Death'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thank you. This is my debut book.
Would you like to share with us the subject and premise of the story that the book encloses?
I wrote this book because I felt strongly against the issue of dowry and the commercialization of a sacred relationship and marriage been compared with a business deal in our society.
What is your take on dowry issues and resultant deaths in India?
I think in this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end.
What urged you to write on this subject?
This book talks about how the human rights of women are being crushed, death seems to be the only alternative to these women. Dignity and honour of humans are above everything and no tradition can override it. This has been emphasised in the book. I have also talked about the hypocrisy of the Indian society and how we can pave a new way to get out of this problem.
- Starmark hosts launch of Durjoy Datta's novel Wish I Could Tell You
- Temi Autumn Carnival commences at temi tea estate
- Bengal Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society to organize Health Mela on Nov 16 in Kolkata
- Oakville Durga Puja in Toronto stands tall with thousands flocking to venue
- All stories about Lord Ayyappa are actually putting pressure on heterosexuality: Madhavi Menon
- Bickram Ghosh unveils 25 new releases
- Starmark hosts interactive session with journalist AK Bhattacharya on The Rise of Goliath
- Abhishek Singh is the new hunk on the block in Tollywood
- South Sikkim to host Temi Autumn Festival next month
- Starmark hosts book signing session for Damyanti Biswas’ You Beneath Your Skin
New York/NITN: In-line with its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Thursday signed a one-way codeshare agreement with Qatar Airways, world’s best airline as per 2019 World Airline Awards.
Mumbai/NITN: Celebrating its 14th anniversary, airline GoAir has announced special fares ending with “14” as the last two digits across all its 33 destinations.
Mumbai/NITN: EaseMyTrip.com (EMT), the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is aiming to help the customers traveling to and from Mumbai in the wake of Mumbai runway closure.