NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
In this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end believes the author
Congratulations on the release of 'Dowry Death'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thank you. This is my debut book.
Would you like to share with us the subject and premise of the story that the book encloses?
I wrote this book because I felt strongly against the issue of dowry and the commercialization of a sacred relationship and marriage been compared with a business deal in our society.
What is your take on dowry issues and resultant deaths in India?
I think in this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end.
What urged you to write on this subject?
This book talks about how the human rights of women are being crushed, death seems to be the only alternative to these women. Dignity and honour of humans are above everything and no tradition can override it. This has been emphasised in the book. I have also talked about the hypocrisy of the Indian society and how we can pave a new way to get out of this problem.
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.