NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
In this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end believes the author
Congratulations on the release of 'Dowry Death'. Is this your debut as a writer?
Thank you. This is my debut book.
Would you like to share with us the subject and premise of the story that the book encloses?
I wrote this book because I felt strongly against the issue of dowry and the commercialization of a sacred relationship and marriage been compared with a business deal in our society.
What is your take on dowry issues and resultant deaths in India?
I think in this era of education and awareness, the objectification of women should come to an end.
What urged you to write on this subject?
This book talks about how the human rights of women are being crushed, death seems to be the only alternative to these women. Dignity and honour of humans are above everything and no tradition can override it. This has been emphasised in the book. I have also talked about the hypocrisy of the Indian society and how we can pave a new way to get out of this problem.
- Vedic Maths Forum India led by Gaurav Tekriwal, Anushree Goenka view latest draft presented to Union HRD Ministry as positive move
- Book review: A handy cookbook for the enthusiastic home chef
- Author interview: Subash Kedia says 'Emotional Intelligence 10X' is about creating a win-win situation
- Book review: A book to help you take control of your emotions
- GRIHA XI to be co-created with UNSW Sydney
- Vattikuti Foundation sets up Joint Replacement Surgeons Council of India
- Starmark hosts launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the Monastery'
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 awards Konttho team
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 and Rotary Club of Belur felicitates Board toppers
- Feeling tired after a full night’s sleep? You may have sleep apnea
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.