NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Sep 2018
A poet should be able to write about anything, so long as it stirs something deep inside him or her, believes Radhika Thatte George
Congratulations on the release of 'In Passing'. Is this your debut as a poet?
Thank you. Yes. Though I have been writing for many years, this is my formal debut. And yes, I am thrilled!
What inspires the poet within you?
Inspiration can come from any situation that one may face personally or simply by observation of life around. There is so much to write about. It could be something as lovely as a gentle breeze or as mundane as a crack in the wall. A poet should be able to write about anything, so long as it stirs something deep inside him or her.
How have people reacted so far to the book?
I think it would be safe to admit that my friends and family have always shown more faith and appreciation of my work than I do in myself. As for the world, well, my only sincere wish is that the poems connect with people on a deeper level, in such a way that they make a home in their hearts.
Whose works do you follow for inspiration?
I read Eunice de Souza, CP Surendran, among many other poets. Gulzar's poetry takes me to a place from where I wish I never had to return.
Are you planning to write anything next?
Sure. I have already begun work on a short story collection that will delve into complex human emotions.
- Vedic Maths Forum India led by Gaurav Tekriwal, Anushree Goenka view latest draft presented to Union HRD Ministry as positive move
- Book review: A handy cookbook for the enthusiastic home chef
- Author interview: Subash Kedia says 'Emotional Intelligence 10X' is about creating a win-win situation
- Book review: A book to help you take control of your emotions
- GRIHA XI to be co-created with UNSW Sydney
- Vattikuti Foundation sets up Joint Replacement Surgeons Council of India
- Starmark hosts launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the Monastery'
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 awards Konttho team
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 and Rotary Club of Belur felicitates Board toppers
- Feeling tired after a full night’s sleep? You may have sleep apnea
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.