NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Oct 2018
Kolkata, Oct 4 (NITN): Starmark in association with Playtonic conducted a storytelling session ‘Once Upon a Time….’ recently at one of their outlets in Kolkata.
The hour-long session was conducted by storyteller Rashmi Bose for kids aged between 9 and 12 years.
The session included dramatized storytelling, role plays, a quiz, and complete story contest.
Parents were also present throughout the session.
Rashmi Bose who is known her work with children and associated with various schools, encouraged the kids to think beyond the popular fairy tales; her aim was to teach the kids about the various alternative fairy tales and encourage them to participate in games.
Parents also participated in the storytelling session with the kids.
The radio partner for the event was Amar 106.2 F.M.
Said Rashmi Bose, “I think kids nowadays are exposed to diverse things because of the digital world. So they find fairy tales kiddish and boring. There are plenty of alternative fairy tales, such as ‘Into the Woods’, which are closer to reality and easier for kids to relate to. So the purpose of this session is to get the kids acquainted with these stories and encourage them to participate in the games.”
The games included quizzes based on stories that were narrated and some role playing based on the characters from the fairy tales.
Winners of the games were given chocolates and toys as prizes.
(Reporting by Tirna Chatterjee)
- Vedic Maths Forum India led by Gaurav Tekriwal, Anushree Goenka view latest draft presented to Union HRD Ministry as positive move
- Book review: A handy cookbook for the enthusiastic home chef
- Author interview: Subash Kedia says 'Emotional Intelligence 10X' is about creating a win-win situation
- Book review: A book to help you take control of your emotions
- GRIHA XI to be co-created with UNSW Sydney
- Vattikuti Foundation sets up Joint Replacement Surgeons Council of India
- Starmark hosts launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the Monastery'
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 awards Konttho team
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 and Rotary Club of Belur felicitates Board toppers
- Feeling tired after a full night’s sleep? You may have sleep apnea
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.