NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Oct 2018
Kolkata, Oct 4 (NITN): Starmark in association with Playtonic conducted a storytelling session ‘Once Upon a Time….’ recently at one of their outlets in Kolkata.
The hour-long session was conducted by storyteller Rashmi Bose for kids aged between 9 and 12 years.
The session included dramatized storytelling, role plays, a quiz, and complete story contest.
Parents were also present throughout the session.
Rashmi Bose who is known her work with children and associated with various schools, encouraged the kids to think beyond the popular fairy tales; her aim was to teach the kids about the various alternative fairy tales and encourage them to participate in games.
Parents also participated in the storytelling session with the kids.
The radio partner for the event was Amar 106.2 F.M.
Said Rashmi Bose, “I think kids nowadays are exposed to diverse things because of the digital world. So they find fairy tales kiddish and boring. There are plenty of alternative fairy tales, such as ‘Into the Woods’, which are closer to reality and easier for kids to relate to. So the purpose of this session is to get the kids acquainted with these stories and encourage them to participate in the games.”
The games included quizzes based on stories that were narrated and some role playing based on the characters from the fairy tales.
Winners of the games were given chocolates and toys as prizes.
(Reporting by Tirna Chatterjee)
- Kolkata gets a chance to celebrate the Lepcha New Year
- Author interview: Rahul Tiwari explains the reasons behind writing Parishram
- Author interview: Nobody is alone in this world believes Susmita Chatterjee
- Book review: 'How to Become a Top Performing Individual' packs in some timely survival techniques
- Book review: Poems that explore the many aspects of life
- Book review: 'CoMa Chose Life' is for those who want to enjoy life to the fullest
- Book review: Parishram or hard work is the key to success
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).