NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Oct 2018
Kolkata, Oct 4 (NITN): Starmark in association with Playtonic conducted a storytelling session ‘Once Upon a Time….’ recently at one of their outlets in Kolkata.
The hour-long session was conducted by storyteller Rashmi Bose for kids aged between 9 and 12 years.
The session included dramatized storytelling, role plays, a quiz, and complete story contest.
Parents were also present throughout the session.
Rashmi Bose who is known her work with children and associated with various schools, encouraged the kids to think beyond the popular fairy tales; her aim was to teach the kids about the various alternative fairy tales and encourage them to participate in games.
Parents also participated in the storytelling session with the kids.
The radio partner for the event was Amar 106.2 F.M.
Said Rashmi Bose, “I think kids nowadays are exposed to diverse things because of the digital world. So they find fairy tales kiddish and boring. There are plenty of alternative fairy tales, such as ‘Into the Woods’, which are closer to reality and easier for kids to relate to. So the purpose of this session is to get the kids acquainted with these stories and encourage them to participate in the games.”
The games included quizzes based on stories that were narrated and some role playing based on the characters from the fairy tales.
Winners of the games were given chocolates and toys as prizes.
(Reporting by Tirna Chatterjee)
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.