NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Oct 2018
Kolkata, Oct 4 (NITN): Starmark in association with Playtonic conducted a storytelling session ‘Once Upon a Time….’ recently at one of their outlets in Kolkata.
The hour-long session was conducted by storyteller Rashmi Bose for kids aged between 9 and 12 years.
The session included dramatized storytelling, role plays, a quiz, and complete story contest.
Parents were also present throughout the session.
Rashmi Bose who is known her work with children and associated with various schools, encouraged the kids to think beyond the popular fairy tales; her aim was to teach the kids about the various alternative fairy tales and encourage them to participate in games.
Parents also participated in the storytelling session with the kids.
The radio partner for the event was Amar 106.2 F.M.
Said Rashmi Bose, “I think kids nowadays are exposed to diverse things because of the digital world. So they find fairy tales kiddish and boring. There are plenty of alternative fairy tales, such as ‘Into the Woods’, which are closer to reality and easier for kids to relate to. So the purpose of this session is to get the kids acquainted with these stories and encourage them to participate in the games.”
The games included quizzes based on stories that were narrated and some role playing based on the characters from the fairy tales.
Winners of the games were given chocolates and toys as prizes.
(Reporting by Tirna Chatterjee)
- Book review: Amidst the Whirlwind is about relationships and resulting complications
- Book Review: Unfinished - A Woman's Tryst with Destiny
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Crytsal Logistics Cool Chain Ltd opens warehouse facility in Howrah
- Festival feasts at Pour House and Cafe 4/1
- Adventure tourism in India holds a lot of prospect as a job opportunity says Priya Entertianment MD Arijit Dutta
- Author Sreejib explores dichotomy of the human mind in her first book ‘Aqson Level 1’
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation and British Council sign collaboration on arts
- Manicktalla Chaltabagan Puja’s theme pitches Kolkata for UNESCO's “City of Literature” honour
- Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd offering special holiday packages for tourists to stay in Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts and also inviting travelers to visit their latest hospitality venture Priya Villa at Shantiniketan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.