NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Kolkata, October 10 (NITN): Luxury commentator and author launched his second book ‘Dark Luxe’ in the presence of academician and author Professor Alok Kumar, senior journalist and photographer Kounteya Sinha and senior journalist, graphic novelist and illustrator of the book Sumit Moitra.
The book is published by Srishti Publishers.
The book is the second of the ‘Luxe Duology’ series, the first being ‘Decoding Luxe’.
The series explores the uncharted dark side of luxury.
‘Dark Luxe’ is an anthology of 13 short stories on luxury.
While the first book of the series was a non-fiction, the second book is a fiction; the series starts with dazzle of luxury and finishes with the darkness in it.
Mahul Brahma is a luxury commentator and columnist. He is also an award-winning communicator.
He is Head-CSR, Corporate Communications and Branding of mjunction, a TATA group company.
He has been has been a senior journalist for a decade with Economic Times, CNBC TV18, Reuters and India partner of New York Times.
Talking about the book, Brahma said, “Dark Luxe is not about the dreams, it is about the nightmares. The stories about the dark life of luxury are figments of my imagination, but certainly not limited by it. These tales are entwined with the historic evolution of these luxury brands. When we think of luxury, we always think of dazzle. But we never even touch upon the darkness that silently hides behind this luxe. It is always about glam and glitz. Behind this razzle-dazzle, there another life. A life filled with lust, hatred, jealousy, anger. Luxury is just a silent witness to the depth of darkness of human hearts. It is about those realities that safely hide behind the veil of luxe. These 13 short stories are from the darkest, bottomless pits of hell. These first-hand tales of horror are by stuff luxury is made of, straight from their heart, leaving a trail of blood.”
“My objective with the Luxe Duology is to expand the scope of luxury beyond ‘price tags’ and make it more inclusive so that more and more people can start appreciating, understanding and accepting luxury as an integral part of their and not shun it as something that belongs to another world,” he said.
The foreword of the book has been written by Bibek Debroy, Chairman, Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council. “If there is one person who is eminently qualified enough to write about luxury it is Mahul," said Debroy.
(Reporting by Tirna Chatterjee)
- Book review: Amidst the Whirlwind is about relationships and resulting complications
- Book Review: Unfinished - A Woman's Tryst with Destiny
- Uzbekistan Airways to start Mumbai-Tashkent direct flights from Oct end
- Crytsal Logistics Cool Chain Ltd opens warehouse facility in Howrah
- Festival feasts at Pour House and Cafe 4/1
- Adventure tourism in India holds a lot of prospect as a job opportunity says Priya Entertianment MD Arijit Dutta
- Author Sreejib explores dichotomy of the human mind in her first book ‘Aqson Level 1’
- Prabha Khaitan Foundation and British Council sign collaboration on arts
- Manicktalla Chaltabagan Puja’s theme pitches Kolkata for UNESCO's “City of Literature” honour
- Priya Entertainments Pvt Ltd offering special holiday packages for tourists to stay in Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts and also inviting travelers to visit their latest hospitality venture Priya Villa at Shantiniketan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.