NITN | @notintownlive | 10 Oct 2018
Kolkata, Oct 10 (NITN): Reliance Trends unveiled their Durga Puja collection of fashion wear by creating, according to the company, the longest fashion ramp in India.
Models and guests walked the ramp wearing the company's new collection.
The showstopper for the event was Tollywood actress Mimi Chakraborty.
The 330-feet long ramp was built at the Samaj Sebi Sangha Durga Puja pandal located in south Kolkata as part of the grand finale of the ‘Trends Pujo Fashionotsav’.
The finale was hosted by actor and anchor Mir.
Popular Bengali rock band Fossils and Indian Idol contestant Somchhanda also performed at the event.
Said Mimi Chakraborty, “When I heard that I was about to walk India’s longest ramp, I did not expect it o be this long. It is a miracle that they have put together such an amazing show and I feel very proud to be associated with Trends.”
Trends, part of the Reliance brand, has a network of over 460 fashion stores, across 220 cities. It also houses more than 100 apparel & accessory brands along with 20 private brands across men, women and children categories.
(Reporting by Tirna Chatterjee)
- 'Prabha Khaitan Foundation 500' lit event celebrations to draw performing art and literature bodies to Kolkata
- Book review: Gautam Maitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
Dubai: Travel is expected to reach an all-time high in the upcoming weeks for Emirates, as the airline expects yet another busy period with travellers flocking into Dubai after the summer holidays and Eid breaks.
New Delhi: In a move to support aviation bodies to revamp airport infrastructure at Delhi and Mumbai, IndiGo, India’s leading airline, will shift a part of its domestic operations to terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi and Terminal 2 of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from Sept 5, 2019.
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.