NITN | @notintownlive | 22 Dec 2018
Kolkata, Dec 22 : Aditya Group celebrated the Annual Day of Aditya Group of Schools through a grand program named GenNext recently at the Aditya Academy Secondary School in Kadambagachi, Barasat.
The event was graced by former Indian cricket captain Sourav Ganguly and Avishek Dalmiya, Hony. Joint Secretary of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB).
Ganguly and Dalmiya formally inaugurated the cricket ground newly laid by Cricket Association of Bengal at Aditya School of Sports Cricket Stadium at Barasat, Bengal’s first private cricket stadium.
Cricket Association of Bengal has joined hands with Aditya School of Sports for the upkeep of this ground which is expected to host top level matches including 1st class matches from the coming season.
This year the theme of GenNext was “ICC Cricket World Cup 2019”. The students were seen performing on various categories of performing arts such as music, dance, fashion walk etc which represented all the nations that are taking part in the next ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
Also present students and alumni were awarded for their exceptional performances and achievement. It was a grand celebration with a crowd of around 14000 visitors including parents, teachers and students.
Addressing this event Anirban Aditya, Chairman, Aditya Group, said, “We are extremely happy to announce our new venture with Mr Sourav Ganguly and looking forward to this collaboration with Sourav Ganguly International School. We hope to be able to make a significant contribution with this initiative.”
Talking about his dream school Mr. Sourav Ganguly said, “We will build human beings, we will build careers and most importantly we will build characters. We will do it together with Aditya Academy, and will work together and make this a success. The Education part will be looked after by them because they are experienced in education and running schools in this city of Calcutta, so they will look after the academic part and I will accompany them to give the school a holistic development both in education and in sports.”
Other eminent members from the Cricket association of Bengal, Blind Cricket Association of Bengal, ex Olympian Joydeep Karmakar and other eminent dignitaries from different works of life also graced the occasion.
- Exide enters e-rickshaw business
- Maestro Tarun Bhattacharya’s philanthropic Santoor Ashram set to hit the shores of USA
- To meet demand for skilled workers in Japan Sona Yukti to train 100,000 in Japanese language
- Robotic Surgery extends its wings to Joint Replacement
- Rhitom Sarkar’s successful Canadian musical sojourn
- Starmark holds several book-signing sessions in September
- Tobacco Free West Bengal Campaign joins hands with five Durga Puja pandals
- Starmark, in association with Bee Books, hosts the launch of Dilip Datta’s book ‘Swami Vivekananda: On Life to Budget’
- Gurgaon's The Art Lounge showcases dying batali art of Bengal and Kerala mural paintings
- Important to revisit people involved with writers' movement: Shabana Azmi on father Kaifi Azmi ahead of KAIFINAMA screening at SALA
New Delhi: Airline GoAir has announced pre-Diwali 24-hour deal wherein customers can book tickets for as low as Rs 1296 onwards (inclusive of taxes) for international and domestic routes.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip, one of the players in the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is offering packages at Rs. 11,060.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip is offering discount on travel fares on festival Diwali.