NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Feb 2019
Kolkata, Feb 5: At the Kolkata International Book Fair this year, many authors are enjoying a unique offer from Power Publishers, getting their book converted to an audiobook or a graphic novel or a film.
Power Publishers are not only present at the fair with their published books but also offering a range of services to authors.
These services can be grouped into four categories: publishing services, film services, writing services and art services.
Power Publishers, a hybrid-publishing company of India, with 1,600 published books, has been operating since January 2008.
The company has always given preference to first time and new authors to get their books published.
According to Pinaki Ghosh, the co-founder, there are many talented authors who go unnoticed because it is not easy to find a publisher to publish a book, especially if you are a first-time author.
Over the years, the company has been expanding their activities into new areas such as films, audiobooks and graphic novels.
This year, Power Publishers is back in the International Kolkata Book Fair with a range of services they offer.
Their publishing services include book to audiobook conversion, proofreading, language improvement, page-setup, book cover design, book printing, book promotion, video book trailer creation, book launch event organizing.
Any visitor to their stall can get any of these services for a book they have been planning, and can also get their books converted to audiobooks, the company said.
Visitors can can get your short story converted to a short film, or a novel to a web series.
If you are an independent filmmaker or YouTuber, or vlogger, they can become your back-end crew and help with post production of your videos and films.
If your book has potential to be a graphic novel or comic book, they can help adapt your book to a graphic novel because they have in their team some of the best graphic novel artists of India, like the Xong Brothers.
Power Publishers has also been providing writing services like biography writing, ghostwriting and screenplay writing for over a decade, with clients from 39 countries and 2100+ projects completed, according to the company.
Power Publishers is offering all these unique services in International Kolkata Book Fair 2019 from their stall number 9 in hall 1.
- Book review: Gautam Mitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
- Project Management Institute West Bengal Chapter holds first edition of Members and Volunteers Summit
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.