NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Feb 2019
Bhagavad Gita is considered to be a religious and spiritual book but it can also help us to lead our daily lives as shown by the authors of 'Listen to Heart: Rhombus'.
Lord Krsn’s teachings and his conversation with Arjuna is the content of Gita and reading it can enhance our enduring abilities, peace of mind and we can lead a happy life.
The teachings of Bhagavad Gita have been portrayed in front of the readers through a story about Rohan, Sneha, Ryan and Monty and the other characters.
The book opens with a shocking news -- a suicide attempt by Sneha, Rohan’s sister and how things go topsy-turvy after hearing the news from Chennai.
Often God blesses us with plenty of things and we are not satisfied, and we want more from it.
A love triangle between Sneha, Ryan and Monty are also highlighted in the story but to know about the reason behind Sneha’s suicide attempt, the readers have to read the story carefully because many things can be learnt from it.
Authors Anuragam Vatsa and Sandeep Agrawal have showcased the reasons behind suicide attempts in India and what the various ways of handling it and eradicating it from the society.
Sometimes, we think that death is the only option left but in reality, we do not have the right to take away our lives since it belongs to our family, friends and most importantly to Lord Krsn.
We must know that success and failure are parts of our lives and we must accept our failures like we embrace success.
All the major elements of Bhagavad Gita have been incorporated in this book and the original essence has been maintained as well.
Divided into several sections, this book talks about the ways to live life and not end it.
This style is lucid and well-structured and it is definitely a must-read for all.
(Reviewed by Sayantani Sengupta)
- Vedic Maths Forum India led by Gaurav Tekriwal, Anushree Goenka view latest draft presented to Union HRD Ministry as positive move
- Book review: A handy cookbook for the enthusiastic home chef
- Author interview: Subash Kedia says 'Emotional Intelligence 10X' is about creating a win-win situation
- Book review: A book to help you take control of your emotions
- GRIHA XI to be co-created with UNSW Sydney
- Vattikuti Foundation sets up Joint Replacement Surgeons Council of India
- Starmark hosts launch of Barun Chanda's novel 'Murder in the Monastery'
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 awards Konttho team
- Kolkata: Rotary International District 3291 and Rotary Club of Belur felicitates Board toppers
- Feeling tired after a full night’s sleep? You may have sleep apnea
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.