NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Feb 2019
Bhagavad Gita is considered to be a religious and spiritual book but it can also help us to lead our daily lives as shown by the authors of 'Listen to Heart: Rhombus'.
Lord Krsn’s teachings and his conversation with Arjuna is the content of Gita and reading it can enhance our enduring abilities, peace of mind and we can lead a happy life.
The teachings of Bhagavad Gita have been portrayed in front of the readers through a story about Rohan, Sneha, Ryan and Monty and the other characters.
The book opens with a shocking news -- a suicide attempt by Sneha, Rohan’s sister and how things go topsy-turvy after hearing the news from Chennai.
Often God blesses us with plenty of things and we are not satisfied, and we want more from it.
A love triangle between Sneha, Ryan and Monty are also highlighted in the story but to know about the reason behind Sneha’s suicide attempt, the readers have to read the story carefully because many things can be learnt from it.
Authors Anuragam Vatsa and Sandeep Agrawal have showcased the reasons behind suicide attempts in India and what the various ways of handling it and eradicating it from the society.
Sometimes, we think that death is the only option left but in reality, we do not have the right to take away our lives since it belongs to our family, friends and most importantly to Lord Krsn.
We must know that success and failure are parts of our lives and we must accept our failures like we embrace success.
All the major elements of Bhagavad Gita have been incorporated in this book and the original essence has been maintained as well.
Divided into several sections, this book talks about the ways to live life and not end it.
This style is lucid and well-structured and it is definitely a must-read for all.
(Reviewed by Sayantani Sengupta)
- Dalits will feel insecure with the rise of Hindutva: Ashutosh
- Starmark hosts release of Bengali audio CD Awshomapto
- Starmark pays tribute to author Nabendu Ghosh on his 102nd birth anniversary
- Author interview: Najam Us Saher finds solace in poetry when sad
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts comes up with two new offers for Poila Boisakh
- Protyusha Mitra to present her first solo exhibition, Casement, from Apr 7
- Future of change scholarship winner from Jaipur starts “Tailor-Made” degree in media arts
- Continuity in governance and policies shall greatly influence success of reformatory changes: Laxman Jaiswal
- Kolkata slide guitarist Rhitom Sarkar influences guitarist Michael Oesch to an Indo Canadian Slide Guitar Music project
- Book review: Reality and fantasy merge in The Raging Stone'
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.