NITN | @notintownlive | 05 Feb 2019
'Why Pray' by Swamini Bhumavidyananda is a spiritual book which talks about the importance of prayer, dharma, karma, the Almighty and our intrinsic connection with Him.
Swamini Bhumavidyananda, a disciple of Swami Dayananda, has written this short book which will enlighten many people with the knowledge which they were unaware of and it will also give them peace of mind.
The book commences with the importance of prayer and why some people do not pray at all.
Then our relationships with mortal beings and the Almighty are vividly described and discussed with some examples to make the readers understand easily.
The topic shifts to the essence of culture and how the pattern or style of praying to God changes with every culture and religion.
Prayer has several benefits and it can provide mental peace and also form a strong connection with God so everyone must pray as per the time they get each day.
The answer to the question of why we pray is also provided in this precise book which is easy to understand and follow.
There are several chapters in this book which deals with different yet interlinked topics about prayer and God.
We often love to read fiction and factual stories but we hardly choose a spiritual book to read that can widen our mental and inner faculties.
'Why Pray' is a book that must be read by all to find answers to many unanswered questions.
(Reviewed by Sayantani Sengupta)
- Book review: Gautam Mitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
- Project Management Institute West Bengal Chapter holds first edition of Members and Volunteers Summit
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.