NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Feb 2019
Bengaluru, Feb 5: The first Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator to be held in India, Techstars Bangalore Accelerator, kicked off in Bengaluru this week.
The programme will culminate on May 2, 2019 with a demo day. Ten outstanding companies have been chosen to be part of the inaugural class, following a rigorous selection process that included meetings with hundreds of entrepreneurs from 30 countries around the world.
The companies that are part of the programme are Ambee, which has data driven environment intelligence solutions, Dcoder, a platform that helps developers code, Instacar, a mobility solutions provider, Leucine, a pharma start-up that helps with compliance, Liquid Diamonds, a B2B trading exchange for diamonds, Nira, a financial services offering for blue collar workers, oDoc, a Sri Lankan digital healthcare startup, Redwing, a cargo delivery service using drones, Rephrase, an AI powered dubbing tool, and Unifize, a collaboration platform for engineers.
The breadth and capabilities of these companies that come from sectors including drone delivery logistics, pharma tech, and environmental data speaks volumes about the potential of rapidly growing emerging markets startup ecosystems such as India, and their ability to address issues which affect billions of people around the world”, said Ray Newal, Managing Director of Techstars Bangalore Accelerator.
During the intensive programme, Techstars will provide companies with complete access to the tools they need to succeed -- qualified advice, mentorship from professionals, global connections to leading corporates, as well as capital. Techstars will invest USD $120,000 in each of the 10 chosen teams, the same terms offered to startups which are accepted into any of its other accelerator programs.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, and through this network, it has developed a strong community of local and global mentors.
“We’re grateful to have the support of some fantastic entrepreneurs and leaders from Bangalore and around the world, who will be volunteering their time and attention over the course of the next few months to help drive this select group of startups towards success,” said Newal.
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
- Fonts matter: Choose them wisely for a good first impression says graphic designer Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Anuragam Vatsa, co-author of 'Listen to Heart : Rhombus', talks about the book
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).