NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Feb 2019
Bengaluru, Feb 5: The first Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator to be held in India, Techstars Bangalore Accelerator, kicked off in Bengaluru this week.
The programme will culminate on May 2, 2019 with a demo day. Ten outstanding companies have been chosen to be part of the inaugural class, following a rigorous selection process that included meetings with hundreds of entrepreneurs from 30 countries around the world.
The companies that are part of the programme are Ambee, which has data driven environment intelligence solutions, Dcoder, a platform that helps developers code, Instacar, a mobility solutions provider, Leucine, a pharma start-up that helps with compliance, Liquid Diamonds, a B2B trading exchange for diamonds, Nira, a financial services offering for blue collar workers, oDoc, a Sri Lankan digital healthcare startup, Redwing, a cargo delivery service using drones, Rephrase, an AI powered dubbing tool, and Unifize, a collaboration platform for engineers.
The breadth and capabilities of these companies that come from sectors including drone delivery logistics, pharma tech, and environmental data speaks volumes about the potential of rapidly growing emerging markets startup ecosystems such as India, and their ability to address issues which affect billions of people around the world”, said Ray Newal, Managing Director of Techstars Bangalore Accelerator.
During the intensive programme, Techstars will provide companies with complete access to the tools they need to succeed -- qualified advice, mentorship from professionals, global connections to leading corporates, as well as capital. Techstars will invest USD $120,000 in each of the 10 chosen teams, the same terms offered to startups which are accepted into any of its other accelerator programs.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, and through this network, it has developed a strong community of local and global mentors.
“We’re grateful to have the support of some fantastic entrepreneurs and leaders from Bangalore and around the world, who will be volunteering their time and attention over the course of the next few months to help drive this select group of startups towards success,” said Newal.
- Book review: Gautam Mitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
- Project Management Institute West Bengal Chapter holds first edition of Members and Volunteers Summit
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.