NITN | @notintownlive | 08 Feb 2019
Bengaluru, Feb 5: The first Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator to be held in India, Techstars Bangalore Accelerator, kicked off in Bengaluru this week.
The programme will culminate on May 2, 2019 with a demo day. Ten outstanding companies have been chosen to be part of the inaugural class, following a rigorous selection process that included meetings with hundreds of entrepreneurs from 30 countries around the world.
The companies that are part of the programme are Ambee, which has data driven environment intelligence solutions, Dcoder, a platform that helps developers code, Instacar, a mobility solutions provider, Leucine, a pharma start-up that helps with compliance, Liquid Diamonds, a B2B trading exchange for diamonds, Nira, a financial services offering for blue collar workers, oDoc, a Sri Lankan digital healthcare startup, Redwing, a cargo delivery service using drones, Rephrase, an AI powered dubbing tool, and Unifize, a collaboration platform for engineers.
The breadth and capabilities of these companies that come from sectors including drone delivery logistics, pharma tech, and environmental data speaks volumes about the potential of rapidly growing emerging markets startup ecosystems such as India, and their ability to address issues which affect billions of people around the world”, said Ray Newal, Managing Director of Techstars Bangalore Accelerator.
During the intensive programme, Techstars will provide companies with complete access to the tools they need to succeed -- qualified advice, mentorship from professionals, global connections to leading corporates, as well as capital. Techstars will invest USD $120,000 in each of the 10 chosen teams, the same terms offered to startups which are accepted into any of its other accelerator programs.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed, and through this network, it has developed a strong community of local and global mentors.
“We’re grateful to have the support of some fantastic entrepreneurs and leaders from Bangalore and around the world, who will be volunteering their time and attention over the course of the next few months to help drive this select group of startups towards success,” said Newal.
- Dalits will feel insecure with the rise of Hindutva: Ashutosh
- Starmark hosts release of Bengali audio CD Awshomapto
- Starmark pays tribute to author Nabendu Ghosh on his 102nd birth anniversary
- Author interview: Najam Us Saher finds solace in poetry when sad
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts comes up with two new offers for Poila Boisakh
- Protyusha Mitra to present her first solo exhibition, Casement, from Apr 7
- Future of change scholarship winner from Jaipur starts “Tailor-Made” degree in media arts
- Continuity in governance and policies shall greatly influence success of reformatory changes: Laxman Jaiswal
- Kolkata slide guitarist Rhitom Sarkar influences guitarist Michael Oesch to an Indo Canadian Slide Guitar Music project
- Book review: Reality and fantasy merge in The Raging Stone'
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.