NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Feb 2019
Kolkata, Feb 10 (IBNS): In a special tribute to the Jawans of the Armed forces of India, two of the maestros, Padma Bhushan Pdt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya, of Indian classical music got together for a musical concert " Jai Jawan" at the Indian Museum in Kolkata recently.
They were supported on tabla by the new age percussion Guru Pdt Prodyut Mukherjee.
The evening started with a homage to Indian Army by Public relations consultant Subhojit Roy and he read out a letter from the Eastern Command Head Quarters.
The musical tribute started with Raag Kirwani, a favourite raag of Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya and he played Alap Jod Jhala bilambit teen tal, drut teen tal jhala and the exciting saat sangat sawal jawab with Pdt Prodyut Mukherjee.
This was followed by Pdt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt played Raag Iman in bilambit teen tal, madhyalaya teentaal supported ably by Pdt Prodyut.
The three maestros joined on stage to play the Pahadi Dhun and the grand finale was soul-stirring Vande Mataram igniting the patriotic fervor and an apt homage to jawans of Indian Army.
The 2 hours concert was supported by the Indian Museum which is celebrating 150 years.
The event was hosted by Play Onn.
- Book review: Gautam Mitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
- Project Management Institute West Bengal Chapter holds first edition of Members and Volunteers Summit
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.