NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Feb 2019
Kolkata, Feb 10 (NITN): Musician Rhitom Sarkar has just returned from a hugely successful multi-city tour of Germany.
He, known for his slider guitar talent, played concerts at Frankfurt, Munich, Leutkirch, Heidelberg, Uberlingen among others.
On his return, Rhitom spoke about his experience of the changing preferences of Indian music among the German and the immigrant population of the country.
“The trend of Bollywood music is now a rage among the young population as well as the immigrants. Though the comparative elder connoisseurs loved the classical Indian ragas Nanda Kauns, Kirwani, Charukeshi, Saraswati, Sugrahi Kanada, Madhuwanti and more, midway through our concerts there was invariably demand for Bollywood hit numbers of the 80’s and 90’s including Anu Malik, A.R Rehman, Jatin Lalit that made me and fellow musicians Peter Kramer on guitar, Subrata Manna on table and Sudakshina on vocals," he said.
He added, “We as cultural ambassadors play a vital role in bettering ties with the International community and I believe that all complications and differences can go away with the spread of music across boundaries.”
- Dalits will feel insecure with the rise of Hindutva: Ashutosh
- Starmark hosts release of Bengali audio CD Awshomapto
- Starmark pays tribute to author Nabendu Ghosh on his 102nd birth anniversary
- Author interview: Najam Us Saher finds solace in poetry when sad
- Khairabera Eco Adventure Resorts comes up with two new offers for Poila Boisakh
- Protyusha Mitra to present her first solo exhibition, Casement, from Apr 7
- Future of change scholarship winner from Jaipur starts “Tailor-Made” degree in media arts
- Continuity in governance and policies shall greatly influence success of reformatory changes: Laxman Jaiswal
- Kolkata slide guitarist Rhitom Sarkar influences guitarist Michael Oesch to an Indo Canadian Slide Guitar Music project
- Book review: Reality and fantasy merge in The Raging Stone'
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.