NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Feb 2019
Kolkata, Feb 10 (NITN): Musician Rhitom Sarkar has just returned from a hugely successful multi-city tour of Germany.
He, known for his slider guitar talent, played concerts at Frankfurt, Munich, Leutkirch, Heidelberg, Uberlingen among others.
On his return, Rhitom spoke about his experience of the changing preferences of Indian music among the German and the immigrant population of the country.
“The trend of Bollywood music is now a rage among the young population as well as the immigrants. Though the comparative elder connoisseurs loved the classical Indian ragas Nanda Kauns, Kirwani, Charukeshi, Saraswati, Sugrahi Kanada, Madhuwanti and more, midway through our concerts there was invariably demand for Bollywood hit numbers of the 80’s and 90’s including Anu Malik, A.R Rehman, Jatin Lalit that made me and fellow musicians Peter Kramer on guitar, Subrata Manna on table and Sudakshina on vocals," he said.
He added, “We as cultural ambassadors play a vital role in bettering ties with the International community and I believe that all complications and differences can go away with the spread of music across boundaries.”
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
- Fonts matter: Choose them wisely for a good first impression says graphic designer Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Anuragam Vatsa, co-author of 'Listen to Heart : Rhombus', talks about the book
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).