NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Apr 2019
Kolkata, Apr 4: Protyusha Mitra shall present her 1st solo exhibition, Casement, from Apr 7 at White Box Janus, 187 Park Street.
The exhibition will continue till Apr 21.
The inauguration of the exhibition will take place at 6:30 pm on 7th April.
The exhibition will run between 2 pm and 7 pm.
Speaking about her works, Protyusha said: "The basic idea of my work is the journey of change. The continuous contradictions with the cohabiting objects or incidents. My concern, however, is not in its criticism; but rather on depicting the rapid changes. Scenes that were a part of our everyday lives for decades, are in sharp contrasts with the ‘new’ and the ‘artificial’.
I love to explore with various mediums & materials. Not necessarily realistic but, different spaces, obstacles, motifs and designs, play a vital role in my paintings. Windows or it is better to say suggestion of windows constantly came into my work as a metaphorical and in-between space of the two different worlds which reflect the contrasts."
About his latest work, Mitra added, "Recently, I have been working on discarded pieces of wooden window panels. Consciously chosen, because the wooden window of older houses has been on a journey of its own. The scars, the rusty nail marks, the uncountable layers of colours are the witnesses to the personal and social history. These window panels have all once been the pride of both grand mansions and humble dwellings. They are soaked in nostalgia and are markers of time travel. These painted spaces can bring about a visual twist, a way to re-imagine the spaces, before they change or be demolished.
Architecture plays a salient role in my works. I use discarded, decayed wooden pieces, which themselves carry history, often manipulated by man, to portray the gray cityscape and distortions of the natural view. A continuous process of change and contrast."
- Book review: A book to help you understand poet Kalidasa's epic poem Kumarsamvabam
- Book review: Bengali crime thriller genre gets a brand new detective in Aditya Bose
- Book review: Students appearing for Limited Insolvency Examination of IBBI will benefit from this book
- Vee Technologies’ global assessment: A first for a Salem Tech Centre
- Santoor Maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya to get Sangeet Natak Akadei Awards 2019
- Godrej Interio set to open new store at Axis Mall in Kolkata
- Flipkart likely to set up logistics hub in Kalyani near Kolkata generating 10,000 jobs: Amit Mitra
- CWBTA Eastern India Trade Summit 2019 aims at doubling regional trade
- Author interview: Dr. Debojyoti Sarkar on his book 'How “Not” to Become A Surgeon'
- How about hiring a co-author to complete your unfinished book?
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.