NITN | @notintownlive | 18 Apr 2019
Kolkata, Apr 9 (NITN): Bookstore chain Starmark last month paid tribute to late Indian author Nabendu Ghosh on the his 102nd birth anniversary.
To pay tribute, an event titled as Nabendu Ghosh: A Tribute was hosted at Starmark's South City mall outlet was hosted on Apr 27.
It was an evening of reliving memories, with readings from Ghosh's works, and the participation of Sirshendu Mukhopadhyay, Ratnottama Sengupta, Ramanjit Kaur and Sreemoyee Piu Kundu.
With 30 novels, 15 short story collections, and 70 scripts to his credit, Nabendu Ghosh was "a Man of Literature in Cinema and a Man of Cinema in Literature," says actor-director Nitish Bharadwaj, who debuted on the national screen with Trishagni, a National Award winning film directed by Nabendu Ghosh. He was also the screenplay writer of this film based on a Saradindu Bandyopadhyay’s story Moru O Sangho.
Born in 1917 in Dhaka, Nabendu Ghosh was a multi-faceted personality—he was writer, director, painter and a dancer.
His stories range from love found and lost to tales of the supernatural. Ghosh traced the inscrutable ways of the human heart.
Nabendu Ghosh shot into literary eminence with Daak Diye Jai, on the Quit India movement. Bimal Roy, an avid reader, saw in the visual quality of his writings the makings of a screen playwright. In the post-Partition years, when Urdu was declared the state language of east Pakistan, although 95 percent of the populace spoke Bengali, the Kolkata-based books and films market too suffered a setback. The director invited the writer to join his team when he set out for Bombay, which was drawing people from Lahore and Lucknow too.
- Book review: A book to help you understand poet Kalidasa's epic poem Kumarsamvabam
- Book review: Bengali crime thriller genre gets a brand new detective in Aditya Bose
- Book review: Students appearing for Limited Insolvency Examination of IBBI will benefit from this book
- Vee Technologies’ global assessment: A first for a Salem Tech Centre
- Santoor Maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya to get Sangeet Natak Akadei Awards 2019
- Godrej Interio set to open new store at Axis Mall in Kolkata
- Flipkart likely to set up logistics hub in Kalyani near Kolkata generating 10,000 jobs: Amit Mitra
- CWBTA Eastern India Trade Summit 2019 aims at doubling regional trade
- Author interview: Dr. Debojyoti Sarkar on his book 'How “Not” to Become A Surgeon'
- How about hiring a co-author to complete your unfinished book?
Mumbai, June 24: To attract Indian outbound tourists, Sri Lanka Tourism in collaboration with SriLankan Airlines, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL) and inbound tour operators has introduced attractive packages, specifically targeting its big neighbour, the number one source market, to revive the industry that had a temporary setback recently from terror attacks.
Qatar National Tourism Council (QNTC) has announced a special summer travel scheme, to run from June 4 to August 16 this year, which includes travel, retail and hospitality offers.
New Delhi, May 6 (NITN): EaseMyTrip (EMT), one of the leading Online Travel Aggregators of India, is offering a set of deals on the eve of Mother’s day on May 12.