NITN | @notintownlive | 16 Jul 2019
Kolkata, July 16: Godrej Interio is all set to open a new store at Axis Mall in New Town, Kolkata, within a month, said furniture company's vice president Subodh Mehta.
Mehta said this in an interaction with IBNS as the company inaugurated its sixth store in Kolkata recently. The sixth store is located in Joka.
Speaking about the company's new focus areas, Mehta said his company is concentrating more on the aesthetic part.
"Now the middle-class people are becoming decor-conscious. So we are stressing on the aesthetics part," said the vice president.
Also Mehta said West Bengal is one of the strong markets of Godrej.
Divulging the marketing strategy, Mehta said Godrej is not much keen to focus on competitors like IKEA but people.
"Our focus will be on consumers and not competitors. This will be our marketing strategy," he said.
Across the nation, Godrej presently has 250 larges stores, 650 dealers and 2000 retailers.
Though the offline market is still dominant, Mehta said Godrej is aiming to "revamp" its online platform.
"Online market is not more than 5% but it will grow. It is growing but we are going to revamp it," said Mehta.
Godrej is also looking to expand its footprints in tier 2 and 3 towns as well.
Getting into the nerves of each families, Mehta said kid segment is having a huge demand nowadays.
"Kid segment is growing. We are going to make furniture which will help to do two to three activities like sleep, study and play," he said.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)
- Indian social activist and cultural patron Sundeep Bhutoria meets Nobel Peace Prize winner Dr Abiy Ahmed Ali in Oslo
- Roses are Blood Red will make you wonder if such lovers still exist: Novoneel Chakraborty on new book in Kolkata
- Avik Chanda’s book Dara Shukoh The Man Who Would Be King launched in Kolkata
- Tobacco Free West Bengal campaign with students to restrict tobacco products near school premises
- Bengal's flautist cop enthralls audience at ICCR recital
- Union home ministry asks every state and UTs to strictly enforce ban on e-cigarettes
- Cardinal Bo appeals to Myanmar’s rulers for dialogue with all
- West Bengal Minister Sobhandeb Chattopadhyay inaugurates free health camp
- Tobacco Free West Bengal Campaign applauds state govt’s decision to ban gutkha, khaini and pan masala
- Salem’s Sona College of Technology bags 2 top AICTE-CII awards for Best Industry Linkage
Guwahati/NITN: In view of the Assam Bandh which took place on Tuesday, GoAir is offering waiver on date change fees/rescheduling of tickets for travel to and from Guwahati with immediate effect for the day.
Mumbai/NITN: Maldives Tourism Minister Ali Waheed inaugurated this season’s first flight of Indian airline GoAir that recommenced its Malé operations from India with direct flights, five days a week from Mumbai, New Delhi and Bengaluru.
New Delhi/NITN: Alliance Air, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air India, has flagged-off its first flight operations between the capital city of Assam, Guwahati to Dimapur, the largest city of Nagaland, to the capital city of Manipur, Imphal, making it the 236 route under the Regional Connectivity Scheme - UdeDeshKaAamNagrik, RCS-UDAN, under the Indian government.