NITN | @notintownlive | 16 Jul 2019
Kolkata, July 16: Godrej Interio is all set to open a new store at Axis Mall in New Town, Kolkata, within a month, said furniture company's vice president Subodh Mehta.
Mehta said this in an interaction with IBNS as the company inaugurated its sixth store in Kolkata recently. The sixth store is located in Joka.
Speaking about the company's new focus areas, Mehta said his company is concentrating more on the aesthetic part.
"Now the middle-class people are becoming decor-conscious. So we are stressing on the aesthetics part," said the vice president.
Also Mehta said West Bengal is one of the strong markets of Godrej.
Divulging the marketing strategy, Mehta said Godrej is not much keen to focus on competitors like IKEA but people.
"Our focus will be on consumers and not competitors. This will be our marketing strategy," he said.
Across the nation, Godrej presently has 250 larges stores, 650 dealers and 2000 retailers.
Though the offline market is still dominant, Mehta said Godrej is aiming to "revamp" its online platform.
"Online market is not more than 5% but it will grow. It is growing but we are going to revamp it," said Mehta.
Godrej is also looking to expand its footprints in tier 2 and 3 towns as well.
Getting into the nerves of each families, Mehta said kid segment is having a huge demand nowadays.
"Kid segment is growing. We are going to make furniture which will help to do two to three activities like sleep, study and play," he said.
(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)
- Book review: Gautam Mitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
- Project Management Institute West Bengal Chapter holds first edition of Members and Volunteers Summit
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.