NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Aug 2019
Kolkata: Litterateurs and bigwigs representing some of India’s most active literary ad organizations from more than 25 cities will converge in Kolkata on Wednesday for a two-day meet organized by Prabha Khaitan Foundation to share their experiences and expertise to evolve ways and means to give more teeth to literary and performing art activities across India and beyond through collaborations.
The high point of 'Prabha Khaitan Foundation 500' will be a session with popular poet, lyricist and screenwriter, Javed Akhtar, who will recite his poetry and dialogues along with artist and filmmaker Sangeeta Dutta.
Akhtar will also meet the associates of Prabha Khaitan Foundation from across India in a closed-door event where he would talk about his grandfather’s book which is in five volumes and weighs eight kilos.
“Javed Sahab will be presenting the paperback edition of the book to our Associates and Ehsaas Women team,“ informed Sundeep Bhutoria, Managing Trustee of Prabha Khaitan Foundation.
“There are so many literary, cultural and performing arts activities taking place across different states and regions of our country. The interactive sessions on 21st and 22nd August convened by Prabha Khaitan Foundation would be a very enriching experience whereby the participants can exchange ideas and gaining deep insights into the regional language literary scenarios unfolding in India. Also, the event would further bolster the strong network of organizations and individuals associated with Prabha Khaitan Foundation,” Bhutoria said.
In keeping with the vision of promoting art, culture and literature in India, Prabha Khaitan Foundation is expanding its outreach to connect with patrons.
The Foundation has created a variety of branded events like An Author’s Afternoon and Write Circle which provide a platform for English literature; Kalam for Hindi literature; Aakhar for literature in regional language; Lafz for Urdu, Arabic and Farsi literature; Ek Mulakat for presenting eminent personalities cutting across different sections of society; Sur Aur Saaz for traditional musicians and performing artistes; Kitab for book launches; Chalchitra for special screening of films and documentaries and so on.
“The various cultural and literary initiatives of Prabha Khaitan Foundation has spread to more than 25 cities of India and also in London. All these activities are anchored by respective Ehsaas – Women of India teams,” Bhutoria said.
The purpose of Prabha Khaitan Foundation is to promote, recognise and reward talent in art, culture and literature, folk music, dance, visual arts and so on. The Foundation creates cultural capital through its events and activities and projects it globally as soft power.
- Krishi Bikash Shilpa Kendra, an enterprise under Ministry of MSME, launches national website
- Jogen Chowdhury and Goutam Ghose to steer socio-cultural city NGO The Bengal
- We should teach men in our lives: Author Aparna Jain on sexual harassment towards women
- Indian Wood Products (IWP) draws up growth roadmap
- Book review: Chef Sourabh Angarkar takes readers on a journey through the world of herbs and spices
- Book Review: 'Before I Met You' is about a youngs girl's dilemma in life, torn between the mother and the lover
- Author interview: Syed Irfan Ali talks about his book 'Irade'
- 111-ft long mural of Mahatma Gandhi unveiled at Metro Rail Bhawan
- Paribartan, a film about safe use of electricity, to be screened on CESC's annual Safety Day
- Abhishek Singh plays a rough-neck cop in new Zee5 thriller, Judgement Day
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.