NITN | @notintownlive | 19 Aug 2019
Kolkata: Litterateurs and bigwigs representing some of India’s most active literary ad organizations from more than 25 cities will converge in Kolkata on Wednesday for a two-day meet organized by Prabha Khaitan Foundation to share their experiences and expertise to evolve ways and means to give more teeth to literary and performing art activities across India and beyond through collaborations.
The high point of 'Prabha Khaitan Foundation 500' will be a session with popular poet, lyricist and screenwriter, Javed Akhtar, who will recite his poetry and dialogues along with artist and filmmaker Sangeeta Dutta.
Akhtar will also meet the associates of Prabha Khaitan Foundation from across India in a closed-door event where he would talk about his grandfather’s book which is in five volumes and weighs eight kilos.
“Javed Sahab will be presenting the paperback edition of the book to our Associates and Ehsaas Women team,“ informed Sundeep Bhutoria, Managing Trustee of Prabha Khaitan Foundation.
“There are so many literary, cultural and performing arts activities taking place across different states and regions of our country. The interactive sessions on 21st and 22nd August convened by Prabha Khaitan Foundation would be a very enriching experience whereby the participants can exchange ideas and gaining deep insights into the regional language literary scenarios unfolding in India. Also, the event would further bolster the strong network of organizations and individuals associated with Prabha Khaitan Foundation,” Bhutoria said.
In keeping with the vision of promoting art, culture and literature in India, Prabha Khaitan Foundation is expanding its outreach to connect with patrons.
The Foundation has created a variety of branded events like An Author’s Afternoon and Write Circle which provide a platform for English literature; Kalam for Hindi literature; Aakhar for literature in regional language; Lafz for Urdu, Arabic and Farsi literature; Ek Mulakat for presenting eminent personalities cutting across different sections of society; Sur Aur Saaz for traditional musicians and performing artistes; Kitab for book launches; Chalchitra for special screening of films and documentaries and so on.
“The various cultural and literary initiatives of Prabha Khaitan Foundation has spread to more than 25 cities of India and also in London. All these activities are anchored by respective Ehsaas – Women of India teams,” Bhutoria said.
The purpose of Prabha Khaitan Foundation is to promote, recognise and reward talent in art, culture and literature, folk music, dance, visual arts and so on. The Foundation creates cultural capital through its events and activities and projects it globally as soft power.
- Trincas is the best thing that has happened to Park Street, says Usha Uthup crooning down memory lane
- Dr. Anurima Chanda of Ashoka University holds activity session for children in Kolkata
- Starmark holds discussion between architect Anjan Mitra and author Joanne Taylor
- Veer Savarkar was vilified and maligned: Author Vikram Sampath
- Author interview: Gautam Maitra on his recently published book 'Human-Alien Encounter Of The Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on why she wanted her book of Bengali poems translated
- West Bengal excels in Tenpin Bowling Championship 2019
- Starmark hosts launch of Shreya Sen-Handley’s Strange Stories
- Corporate honchos come together at 8th Annual CBAI bridge tournament, Sachin Tendulkar joins
- Book review: Jasbeer Singh's poetic thoughts on the emotions of life
New Delhi: The Board of Directors of InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo) unanimously approved the appointment of Pallavi Shardul Shroff as Independent Woman Director with effect from Sept 19.
New Delhi: As a part of its international expansion plans, Indian airline IndiGo on Friday commenced its operations to Myanmar.
Sepang: AirAsia on Wednesday announced the launch of an exclusive route to Da Lat from Kuala Lumpur, further expanding its footprint in Vietnam.