NITN | @notintownlive | 28 Aug 2019
Congratulations on the release of 'Walking With my Soul'. What is the feedback from your friends and readers who have already read your book?
Thank you very much. Till now, I have got good feedback from my friends and users who have read the book. On Amazon also, reviews are very good and it feels amazing if people praise your work. My friends are surprised very much and full of praise and good wishes for the book.
What kind of books inspire you as a writer? Who are your favorite authors and poets?
I like books that give a sense of reality. That can touch our soul. I am a big fan of Ravinder Singh.. His first book "I Too Had A Love Story" was amazing. Apart from him, I loved to read "And The Mountains Echoed" by Khaled Hosseini. My favourite poets are Oscar Wilde, Rumi, Ghalib, Gulzar, and Waris Shah.
Why did you want to become a writer? Who inspired you to become a writer? What triggered you to come into writing?
Actually I love to write. In my college days I had a dream of writing a novel. But that dream was becoming a dream due to my busy life. I write short poems daily and share on my Facebook page. But this was not enough for me, the dream of writing a book was knocking at my door and this time I stood up and opened that door. One of my friends told me to write some poems very close to my heart. I got the idea to publish some poems and start living my dream.
Tell us something about your book. Some highlights.
My book "Walking with my Soul" is a book of poems. Every poem will touch your heart. I have tried to mix up the poems like some poems are about the things happened in past, love poems, poems that showcase today's reality, some phases of life. My favourite one is "My unknown God". I tried to write each and every true event so that I can feel the reality and my readers too.
Tell us something about yourself and your background.
Basically I am from Jammu and Kashmir. I was born in a beautiful town of Kashmir named Anantnag. I have done my engineering from MBS college Jammu and am very much thankful to the college for the memories I am living with. Currently, I am working as a Technology lead in Infosys, Chandigarh. I grew up with a dream of becoming a doctor but my destiny landed me in engineering.I love to read and write. Writing is my passion and I hope to write more and more.
Do you plan to take it up as a full time profession if response is good?
Writing is my passion but taking it as full time, I have not thought like that till now. I will write more in coming days. Currently, I am writing a novel about three friends, their dreams and struggles. If response is good, I will feel encouraged to write better poems and stories.
- Exide enters e-rickshaw business
- Maestro Tarun Bhattacharya’s philanthropic Santoor Ashram set to hit the shores of USA
- To meet demand for skilled workers in Japan Sona Yukti to train 100,000 in Japanese language
- Robotic Surgery extends its wings to Joint Replacement
- Rhitom Sarkar’s successful Canadian musical sojourn
- Starmark holds several book-signing sessions in September
- Tobacco Free West Bengal Campaign joins hands with five Durga Puja pandals
- Starmark, in association with Bee Books, hosts the launch of Dilip Datta’s book ‘Swami Vivekananda: On Life to Budget’
- Gurgaon's The Art Lounge showcases dying batali art of Bengal and Kerala mural paintings
- Important to revisit people involved with writers' movement: Shabana Azmi on father Kaifi Azmi ahead of KAIFINAMA screening at SALA
New Delhi: Airline GoAir has announced pre-Diwali 24-hour deal wherein customers can book tickets for as low as Rs 1296 onwards (inclusive of taxes) for international and domestic routes.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip, one of the players in the Online Travel Aggregators segment, is offering packages at Rs. 11,060.
New Delhi: EaseMyTrip is offering discount on travel fares on festival Diwali.