NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Jan 2020
Kolkata: The rising Tollywood hunk Abhishek Singh, now a familiar face in national commercials, Bengali films, theatre and web series, will be seen next as the rough-neck cop - ACP Javed Khan in the forthcoming Hindi web series, Judgement Day, exclusively on Zee5.
The series is about violence against women and the quest for justice.
The bi-lingual (Hindi and Bengali) 10-episode web series is directed by Ayan Chakraborty, the winner of Filmfare Award for his debut film Shororipu. Judgement Day is set to premiere on Feb 5.
Judgement Day’s edgy trailer recently caused a buzz of excitement among the netizens.
The web series’ plot revolves around Hiya Mitra (played by Madhumita Sarkar), a 25-year-old rock band singer from North Bengal, who comes to Kolkata and is brutally gangraped.
Her sister Diya (Sohini Sarkar) embarks on a mission to help her sister and a thrilling web of intrigue ensues as ACP Javed Khan (Abhishek Singh) sets out to investigate the case, taking it upon himself to battle for justice.
Abhishek Singh, the chiselled, enigmatic actor seen as a rising Adonis of Tollywood, is garnering quite a fan following, especially among the ladies.
- SriLankan Airlines’ brand video ‘Serendipity Right Next Door’ takes social media by storm
- Vee Technologies now among global outsourcing 100 companies
- Kolkata's CK Birla Hospitals - BMB to offer 30 cardiac angiographies to deserving patients this year
- Author interview: Sumeidha Iyer talks about her book 'Before I Met You'
- Book review: A self-help Mathematics guide to help those appearing for competitve exxaminations
- Etihad Airways announces subscription-based TravelPass for their frequent flyer guests
- Krishi Bikash Shilpa Kendra, an enterprise under Ministry of MSME, launches national website
- Jogen Chowdhury and Goutam Ghose to steer socio-cultural city NGO The Bengal
- We should teach men in our lives: Author Aparna Jain on sexual harassment towards women
- Indian Wood Products (IWP) draws up growth roadmap
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.