NITN | @notintownlive | 07 Feb 2020
'Roots of Herbs and Spices' by Chef Sourabh Angarkar is a must buy for home chefs and anyone who is interested in healthy eating.
Herbs and spices hold a special place in every kitchen because without them, cooking would be incomplete.
These essential ingredients not only enhance the taste of a dish but sometimes also give an interesting twist to a regular dish.
Apart from the taste and twist, these have many other benefits, which have been discussed in detail by Chef Angarkar, who has done a thorough research on herbs and spices before penning his thoughts and recipes involving them.
The book has been divided into several chapters and each chapter deals with a herb or a spice, and is supplemented by an innovative recipe from the chef's repertoire.
Every doubt you have regarding herbs and spices will be cleared after reading this short yet engaging book.
You can also get an idea about things like the various soils required to grow these herbs and spices and how they have an impact on the plants.
The language used is lucid so that everyone can understand with ease.
(Reviewed by Sayantani Sengupta)
- SriLankan Airlines’ brand video ‘Serendipity Right Next Door’ takes social media by storm
- Vee Technologies now among global outsourcing 100 companies
- Kolkata's CK Birla Hospitals - BMB to offer 30 cardiac angiographies to deserving patients this year
- Author interview: Sumeidha Iyer talks about her book 'Before I Met You'
- Book review: A self-help Mathematics guide to help those appearing for competitve exxaminations
- Etihad Airways announces subscription-based TravelPass for their frequent flyer guests
- Krishi Bikash Shilpa Kendra, an enterprise under Ministry of MSME, launches national website
- Jogen Chowdhury and Goutam Ghose to steer socio-cultural city NGO The Bengal
- We should teach men in our lives: Author Aparna Jain on sexual harassment towards women
- Indian Wood Products (IWP) draws up growth roadmap
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.