NITN | @notintownlive | 11 Feb 2020
Kolkata: Eminent painter Jogen Chowdhury has taken charge as the President of The Bengal, a socio-cultural organisation, along with ace filmmaker Goutam Ghose as the Working President. Chowdhury stepped into the shoes of late litterateur Nabaneeta Dev Sen.
“The Bengal is engaged in many socio-cultural activities including Pronam – a project for the senior citizens in collaboration with the Kolkata Police. Currently, Pronam has over 17,000 senior citizens registered under it,” said Sundeep Bhutoria, Secretary General, The Bengal.
The Bengal has instituted “The Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award” in memory of Late Sunil Gangopadhyay who was also the former President of the organisation.
The Bengal is a Kolkata-based NGO which was founded by Late Prabha Khaitan and Late Paritosh Sen in 2008 when a group of conscientious and eminent citizens of West Bengal, drawn by the common zeal for social good and community service, came together.
From its inception, The Bengal has been represented by leading men and women who are experts in their respective fields - may it be education, industry, art, culture, fine arts or performing arts.
The current composition of The Bengal board includes industrialist Hari Mohan Bangur (Chairman) while board members include Bickram Ghosh, Chuni Goswami, Dona Ganguly, Dr Md Manzur Alam, Nayantara Palchoudhuri and Usha Uthup. The committee members include Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury, Anandi Ghose, Arindam Sil, Agnimitra Paul, K Jaweed Yusuf, June Maliah and Esha Dutta.
- SriLankan Airlines’ brand video ‘Serendipity Right Next Door’ takes social media by storm
- Vee Technologies now among global outsourcing 100 companies
- Kolkata's CK Birla Hospitals - BMB to offer 30 cardiac angiographies to deserving patients this year
- Author interview: Sumeidha Iyer talks about her book 'Before I Met You'
- Book review: A self-help Mathematics guide to help those appearing for competitve exxaminations
- Etihad Airways announces subscription-based TravelPass for their frequent flyer guests
- Krishi Bikash Shilpa Kendra, an enterprise under Ministry of MSME, launches national website
- Jogen Chowdhury and Goutam Ghose to steer socio-cultural city NGO The Bengal
- We should teach men in our lives: Author Aparna Jain on sexual harassment towards women
- Indian Wood Products (IWP) draws up growth roadmap
Mumbai/NITN: Strengthening its presence in the Gulf, Asia's airline GoAir has announced the new daily direct flights between Doha and Mumbai.
New Delhi/NITN: Airline IndiGo is offering 15 per cent cashback on booking flights through HDFC Bank.
NewDelhi/Shirdi/NITN: Airline IndiGo introduced a non-stop flight service from New Delhi to Shirdi on Monday.