It is a genre that young adults easily relate to. Therefore it appears to be a popular theme for many authors.
The novel's protagonist, Ketan or Keti, has managed to get through to Swaminathan College in a BBA course. Both father and son are delighted with this achievement.
Hailing from a rural belt in Jharkhand, Ketan has to stay in a hostel in a big city. He is awed by the vast scale of everything around him. He is also disturbed by the prejudices that he faces because of his background.
As luck would have it, the top floor of Ketan's hostel offers accommodation for girls. On one hand, Keti and his friends, Ali and Arav, are excited by this and on the other, they are worried about being seen naked by the girls.
A large part of the book is devoted how it is impossible for Ketan to stay away from various incidents, good and bad.
On the very first night, a very hungry Ketan and his roommate, Ali, manage to create a ruckus in the canteen.
Then they successfully manage to antagonise the tea-seller in front of their college.
Ketan, with some help from friend Arav, manage to avoid getting ragged by the seniors on the first night in the hostel, which impresses Ali.
Next day, in their very first class, Ketan ends up antagonising his Business Management professor, Mr Sharma, with his wisecracks.
Prof. Sharma feels so insulted that he asks Ketan to take his lessons on business from Mr Ambani.
Within one day, Ketan is pulled up in front of the higher authority for misconduct.
Within the span of one chapter, the author establishes Ketan as a street-smart, big-mouthed yet lovable person, who will hook readers with his stupid bravery.
But again it is Ketan who saves his nemesis, Prof. Sharma.
Another day, he is getting television coverage for preventing a bomb blast.
Ketan is an ambitious young man who wants to run a business of his own some day. And young readers are sure to see glimpses of themselves in this lovable fool.
The love story that Ketan shares with Kriti and the enmity that he is dragged into with Babban form the crux of the story.
These two relationships drag Ketan through myriad experiences that are at once funny and interesting.
Each of the chapters is followed by relevant advice that make the reading experience more fun.
All in all, this is book is worth a read.
- I have never been uni dimensional: Arijit Dutta on his success mantra
- ‘Ease of doing business’ now a reality for Delhi home builders
- All customs and DGFT processes will go online soon, informs Union Commerce Secretary
- ‘Patram’ offers stunning handmade items straight from India’s artisans to buyers
- The Mansion House: Stories of a lifetime by Dr Arunava Chattopadhyay
- The gamut of human emotions never change, from Mahabharata to modern times
- Promote your book using video trailers, Power Publishers offers an all inclusive package
- Power Publishers ventures into production of television commercials and corporate films
- NBCC to build MSTC's new corporate building in Kolkata
- Colgate-Palmolive India launches Scholarship Offers for 2017
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.