02 Jun 2017
This self-help book from Power Publishers promises to pack in the perfect recipe for happiness in life.
'10 Essentials to the Blueprint of Happiness' presents a clear picture of the reality that we encounter every day and of the problems that we either discuss about or try to run away from.
‘Is happiness then the perception of a mental state when you are satisfied with yourself and the achievements that you have made in life, and your mind is in a peaceful and tranquil state with no desire, craving or dearth of anything in it?’ -- is a key question raised in the book.
What Arora offers in this book is raw and real.
It gives us a glimpse into the minds of people who are struggling in their own way to find ultimate 'happiness' in life.
This books also talks about culture that young minds are exploring today or are developing through their individualistic ideas.
The book talks about instances where individuals are annoyed when the boss prefers a particular colleague over them, and where an average student gets compared with a brilliant one or the endless frustrations that individuals go through every passing day.
This book is a journey of ten practical tips that will surely freshen up your mind and lend you a renewed perspective to deal with stressful circumstances.
It is as much of an education for the protagonist as the reader.
However, such tips do not advocate detachment from monetary or materialistic wants.
One would always enjoy these elements, which would bring peace of mind and make life more cheerful. Arora understands his audience. Readers would be glad to see someone take their experiences and view of the world seriously and talk about it.
This is a book that demands to be read if you think happiness lies on the other side.
The book is priced at Rs 225. Readers can get their copy from Flipkart.com, powerpublishers.com, shopclues.com, ebay in, snapdeal.com, and Amazon.com.
(Reviewed by Anupriya Dutta and Poonam Chatterjee)
- Book review: Gautam Mitra takes you through 'Human-Alien Encounter of the Modern Kind'
- Author interview: Rukmangadhan Janakiram on his book for Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 Limited Insolvency Examination
- Author interview: Pratima Dhar on her book of Bengali poems Na Bola Kotha
- Senior citizens of Pronam hoist Tricolour, tie rakhis
- Kolkata: New Bengali modern song 'Upohaar' by Srikanta Acharya released
- Vattikuti Foundation invites Indian Robotic Surgeons for KS National Awards 2019
- Book review: Na Bola Kotha, a collection of Bengali poems, brings out the emotions within
- Author interview: Reshma Kadvath on her book #FOR_THE_LOVE_OF_CREATIVITY
- Most female entrepreneurs don't get desirable support from their spouse yet in India: Rashmi Bansal
- Project Management Institute West Bengal Chapter holds first edition of Members and Volunteers Summit
Hong Kong: Amid row over some Cathay Pacific employees' involvement in the Hong Kong protest, airline CEO Rupert Hogg resigned on Friday, media report said.
Hong Kong: Amid growing pressure over the Hong Kong protests, international airline Cathay Pacific said it is aiming to work with the Hong Kong International Airport to restore normal operations as soon as possible.
Dubai: Emirates is bringing the generosity and spirit of Eid Al Adha to all its customers with a special inflight offering from August 11 to August 14.