06 Jun 2017
A bundle of energy, Ghosh has been an inspiration for many, especially those who think life has thrown them at a disadvantageous end.
Born with celebral palsy, Ghosh took life by the horns and tamed it. Today she is a busy social activist.
Ghosh is currently the head of Advocacy and Disability Studies in the Indian Institute of Celebral Palsy.
Jeeja Ghosh is a dreamer and a believer. She is a believer in equal rights for everyone.
The 'River of Time' published by Power Publishers resonates with her aim to reform society.
Rape, violation of human rights, atrocity on women and other social evils plaguing the society form the core idea of poems such as ‘Nirbhaya’, ‘Abandoned love’ and ‘Wheelchair’.
Poem such as ‘Intrigued’, ‘Ballad of a Dark Room’ and ‘What if’ takes us through a quick journey across the poet's mind and the labyrinth of empowering thoughts and desires germinating in them.
The book's foreword by actor Sohini Sengupta lauds Ghosh and explains the poet's persona to the reader.
Writes Sengupta, “For Jeeja, life is a celebration. She has no time to be sad or depressed. This was a lesson I had learnt from her.”
Speaking for herself, Ghosh said that even though she spent her schooling years delving deep into the worlds of Wordsworth, Shelly and Keats, it is the worlds and essence of Rabindranath Tagore and his Gitanjali that has always struck a chord in her heart.
Today, Ghosh is an inspiration who is changing lives for better.
The book of poems has also been doing well.
Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, said, "Jeeja Ghosh is an entity that embodies courage and clear mind. It is a matter of great pride for me and my organization to have the chance to know her in person and be able to publish her book."
One of the poems of the book, ‘ Disfigured’ has featured in the Action Movies United Project of UNESCO .
Priced at Rs 125, the book is an asset that should be relished rather than simply read.
Readers can get their copies from power publishers.com, flipkart.com, snapdeal.com, ebay.in and amazon.com.
- Ascon Infrastructure India Ltd, declared itself a 100% complaint free company
- West Bengal Governor confers Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award
- Bengal Chamber unveils other sides of cricketers Sanjay Manjrekar and Jhulan Goswami
- Book review: 'Through a Prism', a collection of short stories
- Book review: Aliens Vs God, a well-crafted thriller
- Eight Ayurvedic tips to beat the heat this summer
- Andrew Yule’s Mim White Dew Tea fetches record price, bought by Tea Box
- Author interview: Jayesh Sinha talks about his book 'Greatest Sports Rivalries'
- Author interview: Caroline Monteiro talks about her book 'From the Streets of Mumbai to Dubai'
- Book review: A book in Hindi on how to avoid examination-related stress
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.