A bundle of energy, Ghosh has been an inspiration for many, especially those who think life has thrown them at a disadvantageous end.
Born with celebral palsy, Ghosh took life by the horns and tamed it. Today she is a busy social activist.
Ghosh is currently the head of Advocacy and Disability Studies in the Indian Institute of Celebral Palsy.
Jeeja Ghosh is a dreamer and a believer. She is a believer in equal rights for everyone.
The 'River of Time' published by Power Publishers resonates with her aim to reform society.
Rape, violation of human rights, atrocity on women and other social evils plaguing the society form the core idea of poems such as ‘Nirbhaya’, ‘Abandoned love’ and ‘Wheelchair’.
Poem such as ‘Intrigued’, ‘Ballad of a Dark Room’ and ‘What if’ takes us through a quick journey across the poet's mind and the labyrinth of empowering thoughts and desires germinating in them.
The book's foreword by actor Sohini Sengupta lauds Ghosh and explains the poet's persona to the reader.
Writes Sengupta, “For Jeeja, life is a celebration. She has no time to be sad or depressed. This was a lesson I had learnt from her.”
Speaking for herself, Ghosh said that even though she spent her schooling years delving deep into the worlds of Wordsworth, Shelly and Keats, it is the worlds and essence of Rabindranath Tagore and his Gitanjali that has always struck a chord in her heart.
Today, Ghosh is an inspiration who is changing lives for better.
The book of poems has also been doing well.
Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, said, "Jeeja Ghosh is an entity that embodies courage and clear mind. It is a matter of great pride for me and my organization to have the chance to know her in person and be able to publish her book."
One of the poems of the book, ‘ Disfigured’ has featured in the Action Movies United Project of UNESCO .
Priced at Rs 125, the book is an asset that should be relished rather than simply read.
Readers can get their copies from power publishers.com, flipkart.com, snapdeal.com, ebay.in and amazon.com.
- I have never been uni dimensional: Arijit Dutta on his success mantra
- ‘Ease of doing business’ now a reality for Delhi home builders
- All customs and DGFT processes will go online soon, informs Union Commerce Secretary
- ‘Patram’ offers stunning handmade items straight from India’s artisans to buyers
- The Mansion House: Stories of a lifetime by Dr Arunava Chattopadhyay
- The gamut of human emotions never change, from Mahabharata to modern times
- Promote your book using video trailers, Power Publishers offers an all inclusive package
- Power Publishers ventures into production of television commercials and corporate films
- NBCC to build MSTC's new corporate building in Kolkata
- Colgate-Palmolive India launches Scholarship Offers for 2017
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.