06 Jun 2017
A bundle of energy, Ghosh has been an inspiration for many, especially those who think life has thrown them at a disadvantageous end.
Born with celebral palsy, Ghosh took life by the horns and tamed it. Today she is a busy social activist.
Ghosh is currently the head of Advocacy and Disability Studies in the Indian Institute of Celebral Palsy.
Jeeja Ghosh is a dreamer and a believer. She is a believer in equal rights for everyone.
The 'River of Time' published by Power Publishers resonates with her aim to reform society.
Rape, violation of human rights, atrocity on women and other social evils plaguing the society form the core idea of poems such as ‘Nirbhaya’, ‘Abandoned love’ and ‘Wheelchair’.
Poem such as ‘Intrigued’, ‘Ballad of a Dark Room’ and ‘What if’ takes us through a quick journey across the poet's mind and the labyrinth of empowering thoughts and desires germinating in them.
The book's foreword by actor Sohini Sengupta lauds Ghosh and explains the poet's persona to the reader.
Writes Sengupta, “For Jeeja, life is a celebration. She has no time to be sad or depressed. This was a lesson I had learnt from her.”
Speaking for herself, Ghosh said that even though she spent her schooling years delving deep into the worlds of Wordsworth, Shelly and Keats, it is the worlds and essence of Rabindranath Tagore and his Gitanjali that has always struck a chord in her heart.
Today, Ghosh is an inspiration who is changing lives for better.
The book of poems has also been doing well.
Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, said, "Jeeja Ghosh is an entity that embodies courage and clear mind. It is a matter of great pride for me and my organization to have the chance to know her in person and be able to publish her book."
One of the poems of the book, ‘ Disfigured’ has featured in the Action Movies United Project of UNESCO .
Priced at Rs 125, the book is an asset that should be relished rather than simply read.
Readers can get their copies from power publishers.com, flipkart.com, snapdeal.com, ebay.in and amazon.com.
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.