06 Jun 2017
A bundle of energy, Ghosh has been an inspiration for many, especially those who think life has thrown them at a disadvantageous end.
Born with celebral palsy, Ghosh took life by the horns and tamed it. Today she is a busy social activist.
Ghosh is currently the head of Advocacy and Disability Studies in the Indian Institute of Celebral Palsy.
Jeeja Ghosh is a dreamer and a believer. She is a believer in equal rights for everyone.
The 'River of Time' published by Power Publishers resonates with her aim to reform society.
Rape, violation of human rights, atrocity on women and other social evils plaguing the society form the core idea of poems such as ‘Nirbhaya’, ‘Abandoned love’ and ‘Wheelchair’.
Poem such as ‘Intrigued’, ‘Ballad of a Dark Room’ and ‘What if’ takes us through a quick journey across the poet's mind and the labyrinth of empowering thoughts and desires germinating in them.
The book's foreword by actor Sohini Sengupta lauds Ghosh and explains the poet's persona to the reader.
Writes Sengupta, “For Jeeja, life is a celebration. She has no time to be sad or depressed. This was a lesson I had learnt from her.”
Speaking for herself, Ghosh said that even though she spent her schooling years delving deep into the worlds of Wordsworth, Shelly and Keats, it is the worlds and essence of Rabindranath Tagore and his Gitanjali that has always struck a chord in her heart.
Today, Ghosh is an inspiration who is changing lives for better.
The book of poems has also been doing well.
Pinaki Ghosh, co-founder of Power Publishers, said, "Jeeja Ghosh is an entity that embodies courage and clear mind. It is a matter of great pride for me and my organization to have the chance to know her in person and be able to publish her book."
One of the poems of the book, ‘ Disfigured’ has featured in the Action Movies United Project of UNESCO .
Priced at Rs 125, the book is an asset that should be relished rather than simply read.
Readers can get their copies from power publishers.com, flipkart.com, snapdeal.com, ebay.in and amazon.com.
- Reviving rare, traditional musical instruments of Dhimal community of Bengal
- Way to the Golden Sun: About youth power and dreams
- Time to Brush up your Logical Reasoning- MAT Online Preparation Tips
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan among 7 Most Famous Alumni of Banaras Hindu University
- Digital Money and Digital Financial Services -- the way forward
- Augmented reality and ed tech: the future of learning
- Albert Camus' drama Caligula in translation
- The right draping makes the traditional Indian saree contemporary
- Struggled Till Last: How a brave woman overcomes her life's woes
- Sale of Honor 9i smartphone starts on Saturday, exclusively on Flipkart
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.