The Kolkata centre is the ninth such Centre in India and second in the eastern part of the country, after Bhubaneshwar.
It is part of Ashok Leyland's skill development programme under the ‘Skill India’ initiative.
These centres have been entrusted with the responsibility to help the students develop skills related to various aspects of their work.
All personnel are trained as per their respective roles and responsibility, helping them continually improve their skill for higher productivity resulting in better retention and motivation.
This fully-equipped, modern Centre will provide comprehensive classroom and hands-on experience to all participants.
The joint service training initiatives include programmes such as Earn and Learn, Join Skill Dev Project, Knowledge on Wheels and Service Samrat.
According to the organisers, any one who has passed class ten can join the skill management classes.
The class fees have been kept on the lower side so that many students can avail the opportunity, the organisers said.
Ashok Leyland provides experienced in-house faculty, experts from the proprietary manufacturers, specialists from Product Development, Quality Control and Field Service departments for handling the training sessions on various topics.
After the completion of the programme, these personnel will be industry-ready with skill-sets that will help them and the industry improve its service quality and reach.
(Reporting by Camellia Chatterjee)
- I have never been uni dimensional: Arijit Dutta on his success mantra
- ‘Ease of doing business’ now a reality for Delhi home builders
- All customs and DGFT processes will go online soon, informs Union Commerce Secretary
- ‘Patram’ offers stunning handmade items straight from India’s artisans to buyers
- The Mansion House: Stories of a lifetime by Dr Arunava Chattopadhyay
- The gamut of human emotions never change, from Mahabharata to modern times
- Promote your book using video trailers, Power Publishers offers an all inclusive package
- Power Publishers ventures into production of television commercials and corporate films
- NBCC to build MSTC's new corporate building in Kolkata
- Colgate-Palmolive India launches Scholarship Offers for 2017
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.
Abu Dhabi, Jun 8 (IBNS): Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is promoting a '48-Hour Abu Dhabi Stopover Programme' in Abu Dhabi with curated programmes of up to two nights’ accommodation for passengers who transit through its Abu Dhabi base.
Mumbai, May 18 (NITN): With the onset of the holiday season, JetEscapes Holidays from Jet Airways announced its latest line-up of brand new, all-inclusive holiday options for 2017 summer season.