06 Jun 2017
The Kolkata centre is the ninth such Centre in India and second in the eastern part of the country, after Bhubaneshwar.
It is part of Ashok Leyland's skill development programme under the ‘Skill India’ initiative.
These centres have been entrusted with the responsibility to help the students develop skills related to various aspects of their work.
All personnel are trained as per their respective roles and responsibility, helping them continually improve their skill for higher productivity resulting in better retention and motivation.
This fully-equipped, modern Centre will provide comprehensive classroom and hands-on experience to all participants.
The joint service training initiatives include programmes such as Earn and Learn, Join Skill Dev Project, Knowledge on Wheels and Service Samrat.
According to the organisers, any one who has passed class ten can join the skill management classes.
The class fees have been kept on the lower side so that many students can avail the opportunity, the organisers said.
Ashok Leyland provides experienced in-house faculty, experts from the proprietary manufacturers, specialists from Product Development, Quality Control and Field Service departments for handling the training sessions on various topics.
After the completion of the programme, these personnel will be industry-ready with skill-sets that will help them and the industry improve its service quality and reach.
(Reporting by Camellia Chatterjee)
- Ascon Infrastructure India Ltd, declared itself a 100% complaint free company
- West Bengal Governor confers Sunil Gangopadhyay Memorial Award
- Bengal Chamber unveils other sides of cricketers Sanjay Manjrekar and Jhulan Goswami
- Book review: 'Through a Prism', a collection of short stories
- Book review: Aliens Vs God, a well-crafted thriller
- Eight Ayurvedic tips to beat the heat this summer
- Andrew Yule’s Mim White Dew Tea fetches record price, bought by Tea Box
- Author interview: Jayesh Sinha talks about his book 'Greatest Sports Rivalries'
- Author interview: Caroline Monteiro talks about her book 'From the Streets of Mumbai to Dubai'
- Book review: A book in Hindi on how to avoid examination-related stress
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.