06 Jun 2017
The Kolkata centre is the ninth such Centre in India and second in the eastern part of the country, after Bhubaneshwar.
It is part of Ashok Leyland's skill development programme under the ‘Skill India’ initiative.
These centres have been entrusted with the responsibility to help the students develop skills related to various aspects of their work.
All personnel are trained as per their respective roles and responsibility, helping them continually improve their skill for higher productivity resulting in better retention and motivation.
This fully-equipped, modern Centre will provide comprehensive classroom and hands-on experience to all participants.
The joint service training initiatives include programmes such as Earn and Learn, Join Skill Dev Project, Knowledge on Wheels and Service Samrat.
According to the organisers, any one who has passed class ten can join the skill management classes.
The class fees have been kept on the lower side so that many students can avail the opportunity, the organisers said.
Ashok Leyland provides experienced in-house faculty, experts from the proprietary manufacturers, specialists from Product Development, Quality Control and Field Service departments for handling the training sessions on various topics.
After the completion of the programme, these personnel will be industry-ready with skill-sets that will help them and the industry improve its service quality and reach.
(Reporting by Camellia Chatterjee)
- Reviving rare, traditional musical instruments of Dhimal community of Bengal
- Way to the Golden Sun: About youth power and dreams
- Time to Brush up your Logical Reasoning- MAT Online Preparation Tips
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan among 7 Most Famous Alumni of Banaras Hindu University
- Digital Money and Digital Financial Services -- the way forward
- Augmented reality and ed tech: the future of learning
- Albert Camus' drama Caligula in translation
- The right draping makes the traditional Indian saree contemporary
- Struggled Till Last: How a brave woman overcomes her life's woes
- Sale of Honor 9i smartphone starts on Saturday, exclusively on Flipkart
Mumbai, July 29 (NITN): Jet Airways, an airline, on Saturday announced special fares for its services to Amsterdam and Paris for guests travelling to Europe from across its domestic network.
Gurgaon, June 28 (NITN): Airline major Spice Jet on Wednesday announced the Mega Monsoon Sale with one way all inclusive starting fares as low as Rs 699.
New Delhi, June 12 (NITN): Keeping the arrival of Monsoon in India in mind, travel major Cox & Kings has introduced a series of discounted packages in the domestic market.