NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Nov 2017
Which books have influenced you the most as a reader?
Every book that I have picked up in life has influenced me in some way or the other. The first book that I had read was of the Famous Five series when I was in the fifth grade. I fell in love with it and thus started my romance with books. Then there was Noddy, Heidi and Nancy Drew. And like a typical child of the 90s I was a part of the Harry Potter followers too. I also love comics.
We all need a hero.Tell us about the protagonist (s)? Was there a real -life inspiration behind him or her?
My protagonists are animate objects with real human emotions. They are funny, humorous, responsible and friendly. The book is as real as it can get in a fictional story. Also there is a human protagonist who is a typical teenager with body issues. There are so many real-life inspirations behind her. Every person is struggling with those issues, including me. Who hasn't been judged for their body. But I didn't want to present it in a cliched way. I wanted to make it interesting and fun at the same time, so I did that.
What was the hardest part about writing this book?
The hardest part about writing this book was that this book deals with sensitive issues. I did not want to cross any line while writing it and make it insensitive. At the same time I wanted this book to be fun while reading it. So to find a balance between sensitivity and humour was a bit challenging.
Is there a message in your novel that you hope readers will get to?
On the surface it's just a story. And though it does not preach anything directly, there is an important message underlining it. And that would be, don't get too obsessed with body and looks, or these thoughts can easily break you. People will judge you, pass vile comments on your shape and size but never let that mess with your sensibilities or break you down completely so that you have to resort to extreme and unhealthy measures.
What are your future projects?
There are plenty of ideas for future projects but it honestly depends on how much love this book gets.
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.