NITN | @notintownlive | 04 Nov 2017
Over the past five years, the use of video book trailers as a tool to promote new books have increased significantly, with many publishers now opting for it to create awareness about their new books.
Indian authors like Chetan Bhagat, Amish Tripathi, Ashvin Sanghvi; overseas authors like Rhonda Byrne, who wrote international bestsellers like The Secret, used video book trailers extensively to promote their new books.
Video book trailers are getting popular over print advertisements as a tool to promote books, because, they are economical to produce, and can go viral through social media networks and through WhatsApp sharing, said Power Publishers.
When bestseller authors like Chetan Bhagat, Amish Tripathi or Ashvin Sanghvi post their video book trailers on their social media timelines, they get shared among a large number of people within the next two to three days.
The power of sharing videos is what makes video book trailers so popular.
Even less known authors and first-time authors are depending on video book trailers these days, because they are a lot cheaper than publishing print advertisements.
While some authors and publishers are trying to create video book trailers on their own by using video clips from the internet and free video editing software to come up with amateur results, others are taking a much more professional approach and using the service of professional video book trailer services to produce very professional looking video trailers, that almost look like feature film trailers.
Power Publishers offers video book trailer creation service in India and has produced more than 300 video trailers in the past five years.
Power Publishers charges Rs 7,000 to create a two to three minute video book trailer complete with scripting, copyright free video clips, copyright free music, text and special effects.
They also guide how to boost the video book trailer on Facebook to get the maximum out of it.
Image: Power Publishers/facebook
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.