NITN | @notintownlive | 14 Nov 2017
It's not a very common experience to come across a book that is so relatable and reveals the naked truth which we know but prefer to ignore.
The book explores human emotions, relations and complications. The poems have successfully touched every sphere of life showing the changes that men and women go through in life.
We get to know a lot of people through Ashford's poems, people who come from different backgrounds, professions, struggles and stories of their own.
The book has been divided into four main sections- Reality, Humour, Deliberation and Advisory.
The first section is 'reality' which hits the readers hard, in a good way. It makes us realise that 'yes, I am stuck in this world of human mess but I'm not alone in this chaos, there are other people too who are having even tougher lives.' And realising that is very important for every person.
The second section is 'humour', which is mixture of fantasy, fable and non-fictional poems. All the poems have a veil of humour covering the actual message. It is like having a smile playing on your lips but then at the end you are hit with a sudden harsh truth and realisation.
The third part is 'deliberation', which puts in front of the readers the tricks and games of life and the world in a pretty straight forward manner. It reflects the poor condition of the rich world.
The very last section is 'advisory'. It teaches the readers how to cope up and manage with the issues that have been previously discussed and covered in the book. It has lessons that the readers can carry with them for the rest of their lives and use them in the daily situations that they face in future.
The book shows the vulnerability as well as the tremendous strength of humans. The book shows life from a different point of view and the poet lets you experience the world all over again with a distinct and clear perspective.
Overall I would like to rate the book 8/10. It is a beautiful piece of art that needs to be read and felt by everyone in order to live life in a whole new way.
(Reviewed by Soumashree Mukherjee)
- Senior journalist Shuma Raha's debut fiction The Love Song of Maya K and Other Stories launched
- There is a lot of me in Grace, says debutante author Supreeta Singh
- Boosting connectivity between the two countries is the need of the hour, says Indonesia's ambassador to India
- Kolkata: The Bengal Chamber wants MSMEs to be financially strong and look for new markets
- Thinking of studying abroad, well think of Australia then
- Uzbekistan woos foreign investors pitching new business climate
- Temi Tea of Sikkim to represent Indian industry at Las Vegas World Tea Expo
- Satyajit Ray's magic minstrels GOOGA -BABA to return on the silver screen
- Book review: Gautam Maitra's novel 'Banhi' raises questions about social ills prevailing in the country
- Author interview: Nirbhay Singh on his debut book 'Why I Do Not Need to Travel to a Developing Country'
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.