NITN | @notintownlive | 29 Nov 2017
Kolkata, Nov 29 (NITN): West Bengal based JIS College of Engineering recently announced that it is participating in the Pradhanmantri Yuva (Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan) Yojana, a centrally sponsored scheme being implemented by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
The main objective of this scheme is to build the ecosystem of entrepreneurship development through education, training, advocacy and promotion of social enterprises for inclusive growth.
Those present at the announcement were Dr. Malay Dave, Principal of JIS College of Engineering, Dr. Dipak Ranjan Jana, Vice Principal, Mrs Sila Singh Ghosh, Registrar, Prof. Sudipta Sahana, College coordinator of program, CSE department, and Prof. Prolay Ghosh, IT department.
Any student can opt for this course after completion of first year of studies.
The duration of this program is for four semesters. Each semester is for 30-40 hours.
After two years of successful completion, certificates will be issued.
The business plan of successful candidate will be evaluated by angel investors.
Sourav Mishra, Nodal Manager PM-Yuva (Kolkata) conducted the awareness Program.
"The specific objective of this program is to educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs, connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, funds and business services, support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs (E-Hubs), catalyze a culture shift to encourage entrepreneurship,” said Sourav Mishra.
- Kolkata gets a chance to celebrate the Lepcha New Year
- Author interview: Rahul Tiwari explains the reasons behind writing Parishram
- Author interview: Nobody is alone in this world believes Susmita Chatterjee
- Book review: 'How to Become a Top Performing Individual' packs in some timely survival techniques
- Book review: Poems that explore the many aspects of life
- Book review: 'CoMa Chose Life' is for those who want to enjoy life to the fullest
- Book review: Parishram or hard work is the key to success
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).