NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Dec 2017
Kolkata, Dec 1 (IBNS): The Education Committee of the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industries recently organised a seminar titled “Child first, Safety first” in association with Early Childhood Association, at the Chamber's premises.
The forum focused on the value-based excellence in education and knowledge on providing safe, stable, environments for children.
The school has always played a very vital part in developing the cognitive, emotional, intellectual development of a child. Being a second home, it creates the foundation of the young child’s character, habits, his relationships and overall outlook in life.
Yet a recent spate of incidents have sparked off a lot of concern among guardians, parents and citizens alike as there has been a rise in incidents that threaten the faith of young learners.
Children often face corporal punishment, bullying from peers, and physical and sexual threats that often go unheard and unidentified leaving a deep impact on their tender minds.
The untold stress is likely to translate to behavioral outbursts or an increase of negative traits and patterns that can severely hamper their normal growth and development, ultimately affecting society at large.
The Chamber therefore invited field experts, child psychologists, pediatricians, school management heads , officer from the state Education Board of the government, police officers and general people to engage in a discussion to find possible steps to identify problems, prevent mishaps and ensure safety for young learners and once again restore the tag of schools as a safe haven.
Key participants were Rajeev Kumar, IPS, Police Commissioner, Kolkata, Suman Sood (Territorial Head, Early Childhood Association), Dushyant Nariala (IAS Secretary, School Education, and Government of West Bengal), Dr. Asha Verma (ECA Secretary), Aprajita Rai (IPS), Dr. Swati Popat Vats (President of ECA & Poddar Education), Alokananda Roy (social activist) among others.
- Mexico confers top Mexican honour on distinguished Indian personalities
- UNSW continues to score in graduate employability
- Indian vocalist wins second prize in the Maqom Art International Forum in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan culture days kicked off in Delhi
- Arpita Akhanda to hold her multi dimensional 'A Walk Over Senses' exhibition in Kolkata
- Growth and expansion of Kolkata: Rajarhat-New Town is Kolkata’s future
- Mentaid holds exhibition at St. Paul’s Cathedral to raise funds for mentally challenged students
- Political party hoardings scarring Kolkata should be removed: Roopa Ganguly
- Book review: A Conversation with the Mountains And Other Stories
- Book review: 'India My Country' talks about hard facts in a lucid manner
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.