NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Dec 2017
Kolkata, Dec 1 (IBNS): The Education Committee of the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industries recently organised a seminar titled “Child first, Safety first” in association with Early Childhood Association, at the Chamber's premises.
The forum focused on the value-based excellence in education and knowledge on providing safe, stable, environments for children.
The school has always played a very vital part in developing the cognitive, emotional, intellectual development of a child. Being a second home, it creates the foundation of the young child’s character, habits, his relationships and overall outlook in life.
Yet a recent spate of incidents have sparked off a lot of concern among guardians, parents and citizens alike as there has been a rise in incidents that threaten the faith of young learners.
Children often face corporal punishment, bullying from peers, and physical and sexual threats that often go unheard and unidentified leaving a deep impact on their tender minds.
The untold stress is likely to translate to behavioral outbursts or an increase of negative traits and patterns that can severely hamper their normal growth and development, ultimately affecting society at large.
The Chamber therefore invited field experts, child psychologists, pediatricians, school management heads , officer from the state Education Board of the government, police officers and general people to engage in a discussion to find possible steps to identify problems, prevent mishaps and ensure safety for young learners and once again restore the tag of schools as a safe haven.
Key participants were Rajeev Kumar, IPS, Police Commissioner, Kolkata, Suman Sood (Territorial Head, Early Childhood Association), Dushyant Nariala (IAS Secretary, School Education, and Government of West Bengal), Dr. Asha Verma (ECA Secretary), Aprajita Rai (IPS), Dr. Swati Popat Vats (President of ECA & Poddar Education), Alokananda Roy (social activist) among others.
- Kolkata gets a chance to celebrate the Lepcha New Year
- Author interview: Rahul Tiwari explains the reasons behind writing Parishram
- Author interview: Nobody is alone in this world believes Susmita Chatterjee
- Book review: 'How to Become a Top Performing Individual' packs in some timely survival techniques
- Book review: Poems that explore the many aspects of life
- Book review: 'CoMa Chose Life' is for those who want to enjoy life to the fullest
- Book review: Parishram or hard work is the key to success
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).