NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Dec 2017
Kolkata, Dec 2 (NITN): The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry recently organised an interactive session with Thomas Vajda, Acting Deputy, Assistant Secretary for South Asian Affairs, US Department of State, on the topic “Regional Connectivity and Trade” at the Bengal Chamber premises.
Working within the State Department’s Bureau for South and Central Asian Affairs, Vajda oversees US policy towards and diplomatic relations with India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and the Maldives.
He served as US Consul General in Mumbai from 2014-2017.
The Chamber, which plays a key role in promoting an ecosystem for business exchanges and linkages for its members and stakeholders, organised this session as part of its efforts to strengthen bilateral relations between India and the US.
“The Bengal Chamber is engaged in showcasing West Bengal’s role in enhancing land, water and marine connectivity with East and South East Asia,” said Subhodip Ghosh, Director General, the Bengal Chamber.
At the interactive session, stakeholders focused on regional connectivity and business opportunities between India and the US, said Ambarish Dasgupta, Past President, the Bengal Chamber.
Thomas L Vajda spoke about an increasing US interest in India.
He said that as connectivity with the east increases through land, air and water, it also opens up channels for business expansion.
He also spoke about the US being an important power exporter to India.
He also mentioned about a contract concluded between Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and Westinghouse regarding setting up of six nuclear reactors in India.
- Kolkata gets a chance to celebrate the Lepcha New Year
- Author interview: Rahul Tiwari explains the reasons behind writing Parishram
- Author interview: Nobody is alone in this world believes Susmita Chatterjee
- Book review: 'How to Become a Top Performing Individual' packs in some timely survival techniques
- Book review: Poems that explore the many aspects of life
- Book review: 'CoMa Chose Life' is for those who want to enjoy life to the fullest
- Book review: Parishram or hard work is the key to success
- India urged to bridge gap between evidence and policy in tackling women’s cancers
- Kolkata needs more art spaces for young artists, says White Cube art gallery director Subhamay Basu
- Author interview: Kay S talks about her book 'Unfinished'
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).