NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Dec 2017
Kolkata, Dec 2 (NITN): The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry recently organised an interactive session with Thomas Vajda, Acting Deputy, Assistant Secretary for South Asian Affairs, US Department of State, on the topic “Regional Connectivity and Trade” at the Bengal Chamber premises.
Working within the State Department’s Bureau for South and Central Asian Affairs, Vajda oversees US policy towards and diplomatic relations with India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and the Maldives.
He served as US Consul General in Mumbai from 2014-2017.
The Chamber, which plays a key role in promoting an ecosystem for business exchanges and linkages for its members and stakeholders, organised this session as part of its efforts to strengthen bilateral relations between India and the US.
“The Bengal Chamber is engaged in showcasing West Bengal’s role in enhancing land, water and marine connectivity with East and South East Asia,” said Subhodip Ghosh, Director General, the Bengal Chamber.
At the interactive session, stakeholders focused on regional connectivity and business opportunities between India and the US, said Ambarish Dasgupta, Past President, the Bengal Chamber.
Thomas L Vajda spoke about an increasing US interest in India.
He said that as connectivity with the east increases through land, air and water, it also opens up channels for business expansion.
He also spoke about the US being an important power exporter to India.
He also mentioned about a contract concluded between Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and Westinghouse regarding setting up of six nuclear reactors in India.
- Book Review: The Erotic Muse, a fictional journey through a parallel world
- Book review: Amar ma ke kandte dao, a Bengali novel
- RBI Assistant or SBI PO: A Tough Choice for Banking Aspirants
- JEE, NEET Aspirants Blessed with Free Workshop at ASC
- Priya Entertainments unveils Priya Villa in Santiniketan
- Author Rajeev Singh on his debut novel The Erotic Muse
- Book review: Ruffled Feather, a collaborative work by eight 'ingenious writers'
- Book review: ‘REMINDED: Mother India’ is like an emotional roller-coaster
- Book Review: A Simple Guide To Banking
- Book review: Bachhai Pachforon, a collection of satirical writing in Bengali
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.
New York, Nov 9 (NITN): Round-trip flights from different cities across the US to Europe have gone cheaper as the fares are now starting at $355.