NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Dec 2017
Kolkata, Dec 2 (NITN): The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry recently organised an interactive session with Thomas Vajda, Acting Deputy, Assistant Secretary for South Asian Affairs, US Department of State, on the topic “Regional Connectivity and Trade” at the Bengal Chamber premises.
Working within the State Department’s Bureau for South and Central Asian Affairs, Vajda oversees US policy towards and diplomatic relations with India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and the Maldives.
He served as US Consul General in Mumbai from 2014-2017.
The Chamber, which plays a key role in promoting an ecosystem for business exchanges and linkages for its members and stakeholders, organised this session as part of its efforts to strengthen bilateral relations between India and the US.
“The Bengal Chamber is engaged in showcasing West Bengal’s role in enhancing land, water and marine connectivity with East and South East Asia,” said Subhodip Ghosh, Director General, the Bengal Chamber.
At the interactive session, stakeholders focused on regional connectivity and business opportunities between India and the US, said Ambarish Dasgupta, Past President, the Bengal Chamber.
Thomas L Vajda spoke about an increasing US interest in India.
He said that as connectivity with the east increases through land, air and water, it also opens up channels for business expansion.
He also spoke about the US being an important power exporter to India.
He also mentioned about a contract concluded between Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and Westinghouse regarding setting up of six nuclear reactors in India.
- Mexico confers top Mexican honour on distinguished Indian personalities
- UNSW continues to score in graduate employability
- Indian vocalist wins second prize in the Maqom Art International Forum in Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan culture days kicked off in Delhi
- Arpita Akhanda to hold her multi dimensional 'A Walk Over Senses' exhibition in Kolkata
- Growth and expansion of Kolkata: Rajarhat-New Town is Kolkata’s future
- Mentaid holds exhibition at St. Paul’s Cathedral to raise funds for mentally challenged students
- Political party hoardings scarring Kolkata should be removed: Roopa Ganguly
- Book review: A Conversation with the Mountains And Other Stories
- Book review: 'India My Country' talks about hard facts in a lucid manner
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.