NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Jan 2018
Kolkata, Jan 5 (NITN): The seven-day Annual Art Exhibition 2017-18 of the West Bengal State Akademi of Dance Drama Music and Visual Arts, Rabindra Bharati University, was inaugurated at the Kolkata-based Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) by actor Sabyasachi Chakraborty.
Gautam Dey, Regional Director, ICCR, Kolkata was the chief guest.
The inaugural function was presided over by Prof. Sabyasachi Basu Ray Chaudhury, Vice Chancellor, Rabindra Bharati University, and also Chairman of the Akademi.
The Exhibition, organised with the support of the Rabindranath Tagore Centre, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, is held by the Akademi every year to encourage promising and talented artists of West Bengal working in areas of traditional (patachitra, dokra, terracotta, wood carvings, mats, etc.) and contemporary art (paintings, drawings, graphics, sculptures and photographs).
This year, a total of 143 traditional art and contemporary art items were selected for display.
The entries were judged by artists Prof. Shankar Ghosh, Swapnesh Chowdhury, Atanu Paul, Atin Basak and Arindam Chatterjee, and Prof. Ajoy Ghosh and Prof. Ratan Acharya.
The award winners in the contemporary art category were Annwesha Malakar (Painting), Progga Paul (Drawing), Pratap Manna (Drawing), Khokan Giri (Graphics), Bishwamita Das (Sculpture) and Anupam Paul (Photography). The awardees in the traditional art category were Mukta Rani Jana (Mat), Asma Chitrakar (Patachitra), Mantaj Chitrakar (Patachitra) and Ananda Sarkar (Wood Carving).
The Annual Art Exhibition 2017-18 is being held at the ICCR’s Bengal Art Gallery, Abanindranath Tagore Gallery and the Sculpture Court, and will continue till January 9, 2018, from 3 pm to 8 pm daily.
- Poila Baishakh mode kicks in with Craft Council of India’s textile collections
- Decoding Phalguni, a dance drama composed by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore
- Kailash Kher to support Mahavir International's ‘Hope for Light’ event on Eye Care Day
- KAU Invites applications for MBA in Agribusiness Management- Apply through KMAT
- The Journey of Me and My Son: A mother's poignant account of a child with learning disabilities
- Book Review: Leaves of Green Chillies, a book of poems
- Book Review: He Owned My Crush, a story about love and friendship
- Annual art exhibition of RBU's Faculty of Visual Arts begins in Kolkata
- Pandit Tarun Bhattacharya wins hearts in Kolkata with his scintillating performance
- Book Review: Some Suitable Words, a book of poems
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.