NITN | @notintownlive | 06 Jan 2018
Kolkata, Jan 5 (NITN): The seven-day Annual Art Exhibition 2017-18 of the West Bengal State Akademi of Dance Drama Music and Visual Arts, Rabindra Bharati University, was inaugurated at the Kolkata-based Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) by actor Sabyasachi Chakraborty.
Gautam Dey, Regional Director, ICCR, Kolkata was the chief guest.
The inaugural function was presided over by Prof. Sabyasachi Basu Ray Chaudhury, Vice Chancellor, Rabindra Bharati University, and also Chairman of the Akademi.
The Exhibition, organised with the support of the Rabindranath Tagore Centre, Indian Council for Cultural Relations, Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, is held by the Akademi every year to encourage promising and talented artists of West Bengal working in areas of traditional (patachitra, dokra, terracotta, wood carvings, mats, etc.) and contemporary art (paintings, drawings, graphics, sculptures and photographs).
This year, a total of 143 traditional art and contemporary art items were selected for display.
The entries were judged by artists Prof. Shankar Ghosh, Swapnesh Chowdhury, Atanu Paul, Atin Basak and Arindam Chatterjee, and Prof. Ajoy Ghosh and Prof. Ratan Acharya.
The award winners in the contemporary art category were Annwesha Malakar (Painting), Progga Paul (Drawing), Pratap Manna (Drawing), Khokan Giri (Graphics), Bishwamita Das (Sculpture) and Anupam Paul (Photography). The awardees in the traditional art category were Mukta Rani Jana (Mat), Asma Chitrakar (Patachitra), Mantaj Chitrakar (Patachitra) and Ananda Sarkar (Wood Carving).
The Annual Art Exhibition 2017-18 is being held at the ICCR’s Bengal Art Gallery, Abanindranath Tagore Gallery and the Sculpture Court, and will continue till January 9, 2018, from 3 pm to 8 pm daily.
- DIY Foods: Hands on!
- Aditya Group, Anirban Aditya awarded with India’s Greatest Brands and Leaders Award 2017-2018
- A Rotarian accounts the success story of Polio Eradication
- Author interview: Lopamudra Sen on her book 'To Write Love on Her Hand'
- Author interview: Rajender Singh on his book 'A Conversation with the Mountain and Other Stories '
- Anthology 'Abrittir Kobita' fulfills a void in the world of Bengali recitation, say poets and elocutionists
- Starmark holds launch of pocket editions of Bhagvad Gita, Hanuman Chalisa, Yoga Sutras
- Mexico confers top Mexican honour on distinguished Indian personalities
- UNSW continues to score in graduate employability
- Indian vocalist wins second prize in the Maqom Art International Forum in Uzbekistan
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.