NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 1 (NITN): West Bengal State Budget 2018 was an exercise in welfare economics with stress on empowering rural Bengal was the opinion shared by the key members of Kolkata-based The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
The Bengal Chamber congratulated West Bengal Finance Minister for presenting a pro-people Budget with special focus on development of the rural population.
According to Bengal Chamber, the Budget has, among other things, focused on boosting the traditional industries of the state such as Tea apart from promoting affordable housing along with introducing social sector schemes.
West Bengal government tabled the state budget on Thursday, a day ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget 2018.
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.