NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 1 (NITN): West Bengal State Budget 2018 was an exercise in welfare economics with stress on empowering rural Bengal was the opinion shared by the key members of Kolkata-based The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
The Bengal Chamber congratulated West Bengal Finance Minister for presenting a pro-people Budget with special focus on development of the rural population.
According to Bengal Chamber, the Budget has, among other things, focused on boosting the traditional industries of the state such as Tea apart from promoting affordable housing along with introducing social sector schemes.
West Bengal government tabled the state budget on Thursday, a day ahead of the presentation of the Union Budget 2018.
- Errors and negligence by doctors was a key issue discussed at the Medicon International 2018
- Bengal Chamber and West Bengal Tourism collaborate to create awareness about weekend travel
- UNSW Sydney starts roadshows to attract Indian students
- Experience UNSW Sydney in India as the university rolls out outreach program for prospective students
- ‘Hideous Barak’ and ‘India My Country’, two Power Publishers books inaugurated
- Mahul Brahma’s book ‘Dark Luxe’ explores the uncharted dark side of luxury
- Author Novoneel Chakraborty prefers writing a book over scripts for television programme
- The House and Other Stories: The Kolkata Chromosome
- Why Indian students are being pushed abroad for higher studies
- Santoor maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya’s new album releases
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.