NITN | @notintownlive | 01 Feb 2018
Tashkent, Feb 1 (NITN): Uzbekistan has acceded to the Cape Town Convention, which is considered to be a leap forward in the field of international aviation law.
The convention implies an international guarantee and is a unique means of protecting creditors and lessors of aircraft, aircraft engines and helicopters.
At present, 73 countries are the states- participants of this Convention: Great Britain, Germany, Italy, China, USA, Turkey, Switzerland, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and others.
The signing took place on Dec 28, 2017 by Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
Prior to this, the law was adopted by the lower house of the Parliament on Dec 6 and approved by the Senate of the Oliy Majlis on Dec 20.
The convention provides for the formation of an international system for registration of rights to aviation technology - the international registry.
Accordingly, contracts concluded by companies from Uzbekistan on the acquisition of aircraft equipment will be registered in this international register and they are provided with an international guarantee that will facilitate the financing of expensive aviation techniques and reduce the risks of leasing and credit operations.
The international regime established by the convention and the protocol is designed to reduce the risk of creditors and, consequently, the cost of credit, which in turn will increase the possibility of obtaining financing for the acquisition and operation of aircraft (aircrafts and engines) by companies in developing countries.
The law on accession of Uzbekistan to the convention and the protocol contains five statements of Uzbekistan, made in view of the international experience of the states that have joined to the Cape Town documents.
Accession of Uzbekistan to the Convention and application of its norms will simplify the system of financing expensive aviation equipment, including aviation facilities, providing preferential terms and additional discounts.
- Errors and negligence by doctors was a key issue discussed at the Medicon International 2018
- Bengal Chamber and West Bengal Tourism collaborate to create awareness about weekend travel
- UNSW Sydney starts roadshows to attract Indian students
- Experience UNSW Sydney in India as the university rolls out outreach program for prospective students
- ‘Hideous Barak’ and ‘India My Country’, two Power Publishers books inaugurated
- Mahul Brahma’s book ‘Dark Luxe’ explores the uncharted dark side of luxury
- Author Novoneel Chakraborty prefers writing a book over scripts for television programme
- The House and Other Stories: The Kolkata Chromosome
- Why Indian students are being pushed abroad for higher studies
- Santoor maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya’s new album releases
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.