NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Feb 2018
Mumbai, Feb 2 (NITN): To make catalytic impact on India's social landscape with special focus on Education, Livelihood Skills and Healthcare, key members of the IIT alumni group resident in India recently launched the IIT-IIT (IITans for Influencing India’s Transformation).
Speaking at the launch in Mumbai, Kartik Kilachand, Founder & Global Convener of IIT-IIT said, “There are thousands of NGOs in the country doing excellent work, but for all these organizations, creating scale, which is critical to generating impact, is the biggest challenge. These social impact NGOs need a strong platform which will act as an advocate, help open new market places, facilitate co-operation between NGOs, work collaboratively with Government and enable access to talent and capital. We will be this entity.”
The IIT-IIT.org’s mission is to accelerate successful social impact projects that have a strong government participation.
Dr Ganesh Natarajan, Chairman of 5F World and co-founder of IIT-IIT said, “Similar to the stellar work done by NASSCOM for IT and BPM firms in the country, we intend to take great success stories in the social sector which have had local impact and help scale them nationally. We are in the process of evaluating such programs and are in discussions with the governments of various cities and states to help cross-pollinate ideas and create sustainable change.”
“Our primary goal is to provide a platform to harness intellectual capital, enable engagement across the eco-system and accelerate nation building” said co-founder Joseph Fernandes. India’s largest social impact entity in education (Pratham) has an annual outlay of $ 40 million while Bangladesh and Kenya’s largest NGOs have budgets greater than $100 million. There is tremendous scaling possible and IIT-IIT will be a catalytic force for that scaling,” said Natarajan.
The IIT-IIT organisation has started with a core advisory group of nine members and is enrolling founding members from the IIT alumni community.
Discussions are already in place to scale the Pune model of skilling centres to other parts of the country. They can be reached on www.iit-iit.org
- Errors and negligence by doctors was a key issue discussed at the Medicon International 2018
- Bengal Chamber and West Bengal Tourism collaborate to create awareness about weekend travel
- UNSW Sydney starts roadshows to attract Indian students
- Experience UNSW Sydney in India as the university rolls out outreach program for prospective students
- ‘Hideous Barak’ and ‘India My Country’, two Power Publishers books inaugurated
- Mahul Brahma’s book ‘Dark Luxe’ explores the uncharted dark side of luxury
- Author Novoneel Chakraborty prefers writing a book over scripts for television programme
- The House and Other Stories: The Kolkata Chromosome
- Why Indian students are being pushed abroad for higher studies
- Santoor maestro Pdt Tarun Bhattacharya’s new album releases
Ho Chi Minh City, Oct 24 (IBNS/NITN): Vietjet is offering two million super-promotional tickets priced from only VND0 (conditions apply).
Mumbai, Sept 3 (NITN) Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced a special offer for passengers flying from India to the United States and Europe via its hub, Abu Dhabi.
Sydney: If you are planning a holiday in Australia from India, then this is the time as the air-tickets are available at unbeatable prices.