NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 2 (NITN): Udayananda World Heritage Dance Tour, by Tanusree Shankar and her troupe, will commence its journey from Kolkata on February 23, 2018 with a debut show at Kala Mandir.
Organised in honour of famous Indian dancer late Uday Shankar and his well-known musician son late Ananda Shankar, Udayananda World Heritage Dance Tour is a collaboration between dancer-teacher Tanusree Shankar and Orange Corp, a multinational company.
Tanusree Shankar, wife of Ananda Shankar, said, “The Uday Shankar style of dance is a timeless dance form – graceful and soulful to its very core. Our family has been blessed with wonderful artists who have devoted their lives to create art in a universal language. It is my great honor to carry this legacy around the world and present the audience with a piece of our incredible heritage through Udayananda World Heritage Dance Tour."
“The Tanusree Shankar Dance Company will perform in different venues in different countries scattered across the globe. We are delighted to be a part of this journey where we can showcase our culture to a global audience and further the legacy of our visionary artists – Uday and Ananda Shankar," said a spokesperson from Orange Corp.
Orange Corp, the principal sponsor for this tour, are business incubators who provide financial assistance to promising business ventures. It has also diversified into film production in Hollywood and European cinema.
- UNSW Sydney’s Diploma in Science & Engg, with pathways to Degree, invites State Board pass outs
- Book review: A Bengali guide book telling you how to earn by taking advantage of the web world
- Book review: Self Motivation Therapy by Abhishek Nandy
- Book review: Manoshi, a collection of Bengali short stories
- Book review: 'The Equations of Destiny' by Mayur Agarwal
- Book Review: 'From the Streets of Mumbai' to Dubai by Caroline Monterio
- PR expert Rita Bhimani talks about the trending practice of public relations in her latest book
- JeetWin gets glamorous - Sunny Leone amps up the glamor quotient
- The old Panjika or the Bengali almanac is also a reflection of then contemporary life, discovers author Asit Paul
- Aditya Academy believes sports is an integral part of a child's education, says group Chairman Anirban Aditya
Cologne, Mar 17 (NITN): Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the largest German airline, is offering special sale to all travelers to fly off to and travel in Europe and North America at cheap prices.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (NITN): With an aim to provide flexibility to the customers to re-schedule their flights without worrying about the change fee, IndiGo is offering its special product called 'Flexi Fare' at different price levels.
Athens, Nov 16 (NITN): Greece can surely be the travelers' new and best destination this winter as some flights are offering journeys at low costs.