NITN | @notintownlive | 02 Feb 2018
Kolkata, Feb 2 (NITN): Udayananda World Heritage Dance Tour, by Tanusree Shankar and her troupe, will commence its journey from Kolkata on February 23, 2018 with a debut show at Kala Mandir.
Organised in honour of famous Indian dancer late Uday Shankar and his well-known musician son late Ananda Shankar, Udayananda World Heritage Dance Tour is a collaboration between dancer-teacher Tanusree Shankar and Orange Corp, a multinational company.
Tanusree Shankar, wife of Ananda Shankar, said, “The Uday Shankar style of dance is a timeless dance form – graceful and soulful to its very core. Our family has been blessed with wonderful artists who have devoted their lives to create art in a universal language. It is my great honor to carry this legacy around the world and present the audience with a piece of our incredible heritage through Udayananda World Heritage Dance Tour."
“The Tanusree Shankar Dance Company will perform in different venues in different countries scattered across the globe. We are delighted to be a part of this journey where we can showcase our culture to a global audience and further the legacy of our visionary artists – Uday and Ananda Shankar," said a spokesperson from Orange Corp.
Orange Corp, the principal sponsor for this tour, are business incubators who provide financial assistance to promising business ventures. It has also diversified into film production in Hollywood and European cinema.
- Safety film for CESC made by Power Publishers & Motion Pictures to be screened on Tuesday
- Ascon Infrastructure India MD takes educational responsibility of daughter of martyred CRPF jawan from Bengal
- RBU's Annual Art Exhibition inaugurated at ICCR
- RBU organises workshop on ‘Folk and Tribal Performing Arts of Mech Community of North Bengal’
- Bandel Church in West Bengal marks `World Day of the Sick’ with healing prayers, mural
- Rhitom Sarkar returns from Germany after his successful concerts
- Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Tarun Bhattacharya join to pay tributes to India Armed Forces in Kolkata
- Techstars' first accelerator in India kicks off in Bangalore
- Union Budget has quite a few positives to take away: Jaiswal
- Pioneering tech innovation to up customer satisfaction
Mumbai, Feb 21: : In continuation with the successful launch of itsin-flight gift delivery initiative, on the occasion of Valentine'sDay, Jet Airways, India’s premier, full-service internationalairline, will offer guests up to 50% discount* on tickets booked from21st–25th February, 2019.
US railroad operator Amtrak has launched a deal offering rooms for two for the price of one for a select range of destinations across America. The offer is valid for journeys made between January 7 and May 23, 2019.
Hong Kong, Nov 22 (NITN): Cathay Pacific is offering up to USD 1,000 off on Business Class as part of its Black Friday sale in US to Asia flights.